Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes

Craftsman 20v drill or impact?

Anyone try them out yet? Looking to pickup a 20v drill. Also looking into Milwaukee. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Who’s making the Craftsman? You probably need both. Best to stick with one brand to avoid different batteries and charger clutter.

I have heavy duty drill driver & impact in the truck for the big jobs. And a lightweight Milwaukee 12v for repairs, light duty stuff.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

3. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post
    Post Likes
    My father worked for Sears for over 40 years.
    I grew up using Craftsman tools, and doing yard work with Craftsman lawn equipment.
    That said, I’ve given up on Craftsman. The quality isn’t there, customer service sucks, and with most of the Sears gone product support is almost nonexistent (Lowe’s is selling Craftsman, so is Kmart). I’ve tried several times over but kept getting disappointed with every transaction.
    I’ve switched over to Klein hand tools. And Milwaukee/DeWalt for power tools.
    Please don’t take this as a bashing post, I’m just a lifetime user of Craftsman that was forced to go elsewhere.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

5. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH, heatingman liked this post
    Post Likes
    buy the Milwaukee
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

7. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH, heatingman liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    Whos making the Craftsman? You probably need both. Best to stick with one brand to avoid different batteries and charger clutter.

I have heavy duty drill driver & impact in the truck for the big jobs. And a lightweight Milwaukee 12v for repairs, light duty stuff.
    Defiantly could use both. I currently have Bosch, Milwaukee, makita 12v drill/ impact combos. Time to find one for the big jobs for Sure 1/2 chuck.

Post Likes
    Unless things have changed, Craftsman batteries don't last horribly long. My vote is for Milwaukee.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

10. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    My father worked for Sears for over 40 years.
    I grew up using Craftsman tools, and doing yard work with Craftsman lawn equipment.
    That said, Ive given up on Craftsman. The quality isnt there, customer service sucks, and with most of the Sears gone product support is almost nonexistent (Lowes is selling Craftsman, so is Kmart). Ive tried several times over but kept getting disappointed with every transaction.
    Ive switched over to Klein hand tools. And Milwaukee/DeWalt for power tools.
    Please dont take this as a bashing post, Im just a lifetime user of Craftsman that was forced to go elsewhere.
    Yeah I figured things weren't the same with the current craftsman tools. Been eyeing the Milwaukee. Needs to have hammer drill as a function. Shouldn't be a prob as most good drills do.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Unless things have changed, Craftsman batteries don't last horribly long. My vote is for Milwaukee.
    That's Defiantly a minus as that's the reason for getting the 20v.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    Yeah I figured things weren't the same with the current craftsman tools. Been eyeing the Milwaukee. Needs to have hammer drill as a function. Shouldn't be a prob as most good drills do.

I have an 18V Milwaukee hammer drill/driver now. The only thing I’ve found is it’s a tad heavy. Plenty of power though. And the batteries last plenty long.
    Some of the other guys have Dewalt hammer/drivers and they are a bit smaller and lighter.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    I have an 18V Milwaukee hammer drill/driver now. The only thing Ive found is its a tad heavy. Plenty of power though. And the batteries last plenty long.
    Some of the other guys have Dewalt hammer/drivers and they are a bit smaller and lighter.
    Looks like the Milwaukee is a better choice. It'll mostly be used for drilling holes for penetration.
    https://youtu.be/tqmuZWCE9J4

Post Likes
    I can’t remember exactly but that Milwaukee might be the one I have.

Post Likes
    Looks like Milwaukee is a winner. I'll put my hands on one and check it out.

Post Likes
    First: I have found that 12V does 99% of everything that I need done. The tools are small, light and they are quite inexpensive. I have some B&D and some Ridgid units. Mine are fine up to 3" deck screws. They sometimes balk at 3 1/2" screws. I do not have a 12V impact though.

Second: In NJ someone died and I inherited a full set of DeWalt 20V cordless - and Man are they asskickers! Plus; not too bad for weight. I doubt I would have ever laid out the $700. personally - but they work a treat. Especially the 20V impact.

The B&D batteries started lasting a shorter time (I have at least a half dozen so it wasn't that bad <g>) so I recently bought three new batteries for $50. Which beats the hell out of the Ryobi One 18V batteries I buy for Those tools. What's that? An 80% lower price? <g>

PHM
    --------------

Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    Anyone try them out yet? Looking to pickup a 20v drill. Also looking into Milwaukee. Thanks.

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast