+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alternative part for Honeywell W7220A1000 (Economizer control module)

Post Likes

Alternative part for Honeywell W7220A1000 (Economizer control module)

My company installs +1000 economizer control modules a year. We have always used the W7220A1000 from Honeywell. Recently we have been told by our distributors that Honeywell's commercial side is having production trouble. This means that they have been unable to fill out orders of this part and do not have an estimated time frame... Obviously this part is available online for much more than our distributors price but that is something we are trying to avoid.

Does anyone know of a suitable alternative for an economizer control module. It must be able to use dry bulb control, not just enthalpy.

Thanks,

Post Likes
    Take look at the Belimo Zip.

Post Likes
    Or the JADE

the W series has been discontinued. Honeywell has a replacement that looks exactly like the JADE. you need all new sensors, but should be able to reuse the motors.

I've heard the belimo is a good product, but haven't had my hands on one.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    Or the JADE
    He is referring to the JADE.

the W series has been discontinued. Honeywell has a replacement that looks exactly like the JADE.Is this an update to the JADE? Why would they have 2 of the same? you need all new sensors, but should be able to reuse the motors..
    Yes, JADE is new sensors when switching over form a non-digital set up.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Oops! LOL!! Then yes, try the belimo!

Post Likes
    I too would suggest the Belimo Zip Economizers. They are a really good product, and Belimo makes a quality product, and we dont see a lot of returns on these.

Also, from what I hear Honeywell's production issues are getting better, but the backlog is months-long so it will take a while to get caught up.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in