Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    I wonder why we don't use coal to power the ethanol plants? Why use up the very item whose supply you are seeking to augment?

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    For what it is worth, from studies I have seen, the BEST case scenario is that it takes roughly one gallon of gasoline/diesel to produce one gallon of ethanol (the the BEST case scenarios go downhill from there). And that one gallon of ethanol has less energy in it than gasoline/diesel.

Just another scam perpetuated by the corn lobby. The rest of us need to fork over our hard earned monies for a worthless program. Same as we'll have to do for that scam they call man made global warming, sheesh.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    I don't buy that argument. Birds aren't stupid and so would shortly learn to work at avoiding windmills as they do every other predator.

BTW: is there any truth to the story that before guns were in common use - geese used to migrate during daylight hours?

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Since you would be talking about the addition of several thousand wind mills, its not just a couple birds here and there. And I am serious.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    What was the constant used to gauge the anomaly against?

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Warmest years
    Rank Year Anomaly F
    1 2016 1.69
    2 2015 1.62
    3 2017 1.51
    4 2018 1.39

Looks like predictions of warming are true.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    What was the constant used to gauge the anomaly against?

PHM
    ---------
    I couldn't find that one readily for some reason. From experience it is usually drawn from a pre industrial time. Usually from the late 19th century-early 20th century as I recall.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Just heard a clip on the radio from AOC where she says the world is going to end in 12 years, and that is why we need to switch to solar and wind power.

Good Lord, I thought those in that climate change cult had learned to stop with the 10 year predictions of the world coming to an end. She really is a juvenile with no experience whatsoever.

Anyone remember the scare from the 70s I think it was, where the air was going to be so bad in 10 years we were all going to have to carry self-contained breathing apparatus?
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    Page you need to do some serious research. Start with matching CO2 levels with temperature. The lag between higher CO2 levels and temperature rise throughout history will surprise you. Being in this line of work I'm sure you understand that wet bulb temperature is bottom line in determining total heat. How long have we been capable of accurately measuring and recording wet bulb temperature? It can't be done manually because the man power world wide doesn't and hasn't ever existed. Dry bulb temperatures don't tell the whole story which I'm sure you know.
    Quit listening to BS and do the research.
    https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/global-war...erature-change

As temp increases I would expect evaporation and humidity to increase.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Just heard a clip on the radio from AOC where she says the world is going to end in 12 years, and that is why we need to switch to solar and wind power.

Good Lord, I thought those in that climate change cult had learned to stop with the 10 year predictions of the world coming to an end. She really is a juvenile with no experience whatsoever.

Anyone remember the scare from the 70s I think it was, where the air was going to be so bad in 10 years we were all going to have to carry self-contained breathing apparatus?
    How many years doe she think it's going to take to switch to solar powered dung homes and dung powered solar cars? More than 12?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    How many years doe she think it's going to take to switch to solar powered dung homes and dung powered solar cars? More than 12?
    Oh, it shouldn't take that long. Just leave the borders open and everybody that comes in has to go to work in the solar or wind business. At $15/hr they will think they made it big, then when they get the first check they will wonder what happened the the $15/hr. At that point they will either leave for where they came from or we will just have some more disgruntled workers on out hands.

The fun part of all this change will be when it goes on line and there is no back up and we have 10 years of glitches in everything electrical to deal with , figure out, and resolve without computers because the power will be so dirty from all the glitches. After ten years they will realize that when they designed the new infrastructure they did it for the current load not the new demand that was created by the new infrastructure. It will be during this time that John Connors is born and Skynet goes on line. Five years later we're screwed.

9. Likes GorillaTight liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I wonder why we don't use coal to power the ethanol plants? Why use up the very item whose supply you are seeking to augment?

PHM
    ---------
    I like it!

We would also need to run the coal through that gasification process to turn it into a liquid fuel to power up the rail cars transporting seed, the trucks delivering seed from the rail to the farm, and of course all of the tractor and farm equipment.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    Seems to me the plant around here runs on NG and it has a lot of useful byproducts like CO2 and water vapor along with feed from the dried mash.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Seems to me the plant around here runs on NG and it has a lot of useful byproducts like CO2 and water vapor along with feed from the dried mash.
    Use the mash to make whiskey it's a win win for everybody
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Just want to put out there that corn does yield a net positive energy yield and has been for a while.

Post Likes
    Seeing that this thread has moved back to the lighter side in the last few post, I'm still convinced that our long term clean energy source ( for the whole planet, as I'm sure this country will be one of the first to find the answer as being on the forefront ) is still reverse engineering those pesky alien craft(s) from Roswell.. err... a as BBeerme reminded me those weather balloons or from other countries that crafts have crashed after being shot down or from lighting or etc. and are feverishly being working on vs a man/women made solution. We must be making some type of progress by now as it's been easily 70+ years.

Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast