Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
Results 79 to 91 of 534
  1. #79
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    21,309
    Post Likes
    From what I hear, there has been less ice forming at the North Pole. And more ice forming at the South Pole. It's a wash.

    D'oh !!

    Why is it those in the cult of MM CC don't want to recognize that, much less tell you that?
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

    I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

  2. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    4,874
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Greenland isn't part of the North pole.

    And of course, Antarctica isn't the North pole.
    He was talking about flooding and you gave only half an answer. Very curious
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

  3. #81
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    4,874
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    They're fossil fuels. But not as damaging as the global warming people would have you believe. Ooops, I meant global climate change people. I forgot, they had to change the name, since none of their predictions came true when they called it global warming.

    https://onenewsnow.com/science-tech/...diction-a-bust
    Here is an accurate accounting of what was said.

    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ic...elt-gore-2014/
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

  4. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    4,874
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    From what I hear, there has been less ice forming at the North Pole. And more ice forming at the South Pole. It's a wash.

    D'oh !!

    Why is it those in the cult of MM CC don't want to recognize that, much less tell you that?

    What this poster and his sources don't want you to know is that Greenland is melting also and that is more important to ocenas rising that the North Pole. Partial facts are misleading
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

  5. #83
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    21,309
    Post Likes
    Ocean levels have been steadily and slowly rising for well over a hundred years. On the order of a few millimeters here and there. And it does not track the industrial age, D'oh !!


    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    What this poster and his sources don't want you to know is that Greenland is melting also and that is more important to ocenas rising that the North Pole. Partial facts are misleading
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

    I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

  6. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Louisburg Kansas
    Posts
    2,475
    Post Likes
    There is no scientific consensus that global warming is a fact. That is an untrue claim in an effort to win the argument. The closest thing to a consensus is for the last few years the climate has been cooling. Recorded temperatures as well as all other weather data recorded is a joke when trying to prove warming or cooling. An example is at KCI Airport the official snow fall with our last snow was 4.6 inches. I had 11 inches and everyone else got a lot more snow than KCI but our official snow fall was 4.6 inches. In many places around the world direct temperatures are not measured and recorded. The methods of measuring temperatures in those areas even if accurate cannot be compared to previously recorded temperatures because there are non for comparison.
    I seriously doubt that any of you man caused global warming believers know how these temperatures are determined or what the expectation of error is.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

  7. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    77,256
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Warmest years
    Rank Year Anomaly F
    1 2016 1.69
    2 2015 1.62
    3 2017 1.51
    4 2018 1.39

    Looks like predictions of warming are true.
    Well, looks like 2018 cooled down from 2016, 15 and 17. Yeah, there are going to be spikes from time to time. But nothing says any of it is man made/caused.

    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    He was talking about flooding and you gave only half an answer. Very curious
    Actually, I was only pointing out to him that the North pole melting wouldn't have any effect on the ocean level. But you as a global warming person/climate change person. Took offense. There is nothing curious about my post. Just your Green deal working beliefs.
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  8. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    507
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Here is an accurate accounting of what was said.

    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ic...elt-gore-2014/
    Snopes?! Lol...like Politifact and "FactCheck?" Everytime I visit their pages to get the "truth," I get a browser redirect and assaulted with ads.

  9. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    4,874
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GorillaTight View Post
    Snopes?! Lol...like Politifact and "FactCheck?" Everytime I visit their pages to get the "truth," I get a browser redirect and assaulted with ads.
    I am surprised you venture into reality from time to time. Maybe you would counter their account of what was said then but we both know you won't do that.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

  10. #88
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    4,874
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Well, looks like 2018 cooled down from 2016, 15 and 17. Yeah, there are going to be spikes from time to time. But nothing says any of it is man made/caused.



    Actually, I was only pointing out to him that the North pole melting wouldn't have any effect on the ocean level. But you as a global warming person/climate change person. Took offense. There is nothing curious about my post. Just your Green deal working beliefs.
    5 out of the last 5 years were the warmest on record and you said none of their predictions come true. The scientific consensus says that man is helping to cause the warming. Funny how you take solace in 2018 not being the warmest ever.

    Your post was very telling whether or not you realize it. You knew what was being talked about and you chose to only address the half which you wanted to share.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

  11. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    4,874
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    There is no scientific consensus that global warming is a fact. That is an untrue claim in an effort to win the argument. The closest thing to a consensus is for the last few years the climate has been cooling. Recorded temperatures as well as all other weather data recorded is a joke when trying to prove warming or cooling. An example is at KCI Airport the official snow fall with our last snow was 4.6 inches. I had 11 inches and everyone else got a lot more snow than KCI but our official snow fall was 4.6 inches. In many places around the world direct temperatures are not measured and recorded. The methods of measuring temperatures in those areas even if accurate cannot be compared to previously recorded temperatures because there are non for comparison.
    I seriously doubt that any of you man caused global warming believers know how these temperatures are determined or what the expectation of error is.
    The scientific consensus is that earth's climate is changing in part due to human activity. Your denial of that will not change that simple fact.

    The climate has not been cooling as you say. The last 5 years are the warmest on record.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

  12. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    77,256
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Your post was very telling whether or not you realize it. You knew what was being talked about and you chose to only address the half which you wanted to share.
    No, I pointed out a fact. You want to blow it out of proportion. Plain and simple.

    Considering the record is only 135 years. The last 5 being hot, doesn't really prove a lot.
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  13. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    4,874
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    No, I pointed out a fact. You want to blow it out of proportion. Plain and simple.

    Considering the record is only 135 years. The last 5 being hot, doesn't really prove a lot.
    You said none of their predictions came true and the last 5 years are the warmest on record. Climate change is still the scientific consensus. If science deniers wait for proof it may be too late.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.