Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    No. But that's only because they don't use any currency worth confiscating.

It's really hilarious, in a sad way of course, the cult following that MM CC has. I'm all for making small changes to improve efficiency and reduce emissions as we move forward. Setting an example for the rest of the world. But anyone who thinks there will actually be any change, is living in a bubble. Look into how many coal fired power plants China alone has been bringing on line.

Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    Does the "New Green Deal" include control of termite farts??
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    I want to thank everyone for their thoughts on this. I am not crazy to think this is just not possible. I posted this on my sister-inlaw's Facebook page, and the very first post I got was someone telling me to STFU because I had no idea what I was talking about. The next post was filled with expletives calling me a dinosaur. All I said was the 10 year part was not possible.
    For the record I am not against solar,wind, or any other way to generate power. I believe for the near future we will need all ways to generate power. Maybe one day long from now we don't need oil or gas who knows.
    I am also not a climate change denier but I also dispute that it is all caused by man.

Post Likes
    Since the climate has been changing long before man came on the scene, Uh, Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-Hvacdoc View Post
    I want to thank everyone for their thoughts on this. I am not crazy to think this is just not possible. I posted this on my sister-inlaw's Facebook page, and the very first post I got was someone telling me to STFU because I had no idea what I was talking about. The next post was filled with expletives calling me a dinosaur. All I said was the 10 year part was not possible.
    For the record I am not against solar,wind, or any other way to generate power. I believe for the near future we will need all ways to generate power. Maybe one day long from now we don't need oil or gas who knows.
    I am also not a climate change denier but I also dispute that it is all caused by man.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

Post Likes
    How funny would it be if those ships were found to be been powered by some kind of coal? <g>

PHM
    --------------

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    The military will have to use gliders or solar powered crafts with very lightweight munitions to fight a Air War. Sail or solar powered lightweight ships for the Navy unless they get exempted.

Hopefully they can finally figure out the propulsion system ( within 10 years ) of those crashed craft(s) from Roswell.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    I believe in "Climate Change". After all, if it hadn't started to warm up, most of North America would still be under a glacier.

However, the deserts would need to be covered in panels. The Hoover dam produces about 2000 megawatts. Which supplies roughly 1.3 million homes. Or 8 million people.

So just to match the Hoover dam. It would take 6,250,000 panels. The 648 MW solar farm in India takes up 2500 acres. So going by that, it would take over 7700 acres to equal the Hoover dam. And then it would only be during the day light hours.

A MW wind turbine cost around 2.8 million bucks. It would of course take 1000 of them to equal the Hoover dam. So they would cost around $2,800,000,000.00 to install. Plus the federal exemptions for the thousands of birds they would kill.

To go totally green as she talks about, would take up more area than she knows, or most people think, and require usage restrictions.

Want to decrease fossil fuel reliance, build more nuclear power plants. But she wants to do away with those also.
    So you believe humankind can throw the world into an ice age by using solar panels. A dubious claim and at the same time ignore the mounds of evidence that by our growing population, lifestyle and burning of fossil fuels are not impacting climate change. Well it's a free country but I will point out what you are saying.

As I said this is a goal to achieve and again it would only take a few percent of desert land to achieve without including wind, water and home solar power.

BTW a 2MW not a 1MW wind turbine is quoted at 2.8 million. With wider use I would expect even that figure to become less.
    " if you buy the same turbine in 2 MW, its cost would be about$2.8 million."

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-pr...f-installation

If you re concerned with the amount of land needed it would be 50% less land than the land used just to grow corn for ethanol.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    How are those solar panels going to help me when I get home from work and it's dark outside?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    How funny would it be if those ships were found to be been powered by some kind of coal? <g>

PHM
    --------------
    Like the Titanic
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    How are those solar panels going to help me when I get home from work and it's dark outside?
    You'll have to rely on termites and cow farts to guide you

Post Likes
    Something smells afoul with those ideas.

I'm still waiting for the MM CC cultists to tell me how solar and wind power are going to help me when I get home from work. Not to mention, how will I be charging that government mandated electric vehicle with no sunshine or wind?

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    You'll have to rely on termites and cow farts to guide you

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-Hvacdoc View Post
    You should go back to the page and admit to them that your are a dinosaur, and that your math levels are from the stone age.

Then ask them how much land will be covered by the solar panels so they can generate a min of 7,000,000 megaKWs a day, and wind turbines that can also generate 7,000,000 megaKWs a day. Just to replace the power plants. Plus how much land will be covered to generate the electric to recharge all those new cars and trucks. Which would need to be roughly 17,700,000 megaKWs per day. So we would only need to generate a combined total of 28,000,000 megaKWS a day.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    You should go back to the page and admit to them that your are a dinosaur, and that your math levels are from the stone age.

Then ask them how much land will be covered by the solar panels so they can generate a min of 7,000,000 megaKWs a day, and wind turbines that can also generate 7,000,000 megaKWs a day. Just to replace the power plants. Plus how much land will be covered to generate the electric to recharge all those new cars and trucks. Which would need to be roughly 17,700,000 megaKWs per day. So we would only need to generate a combined total of 28,000,000 megaKWS a day.

Post Likes
    Plastic waste converted to fuel oil https://www.slashgear.com/new-chemic...fuel-09565223/

Post Likes
    Plus the federal exemptions for the thousands of birds they would kill.
    I am pleased to see your concern for birds but I personally believe the human lives saved and improved health from the burning and mining for coal alone would be worth it. I guess it is a question of priorities.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast