Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    My answer remains the same. Math doesn't lie. There are more pro's to fossil fuels and more cons to corn. I'm not opposed to alternative fuel sources. I was hoping for an explosion in biodiesel...never happened. Hoping for advancements in hydrogen...never happened. Natural gas and LP...never happened. You know why? Because the oil lobbyists have the politicians in their pocket. Corn fuel would fail miserably if it wasn't putting money in someones pocket.
    The discussion of ethanol only started because people were posting falsehoods about it costing more in oil etc than we got in return. Which is false. I showed that and then just posted about its pluses that I have stated many times. Funny that you don't talk about all the harm that oil does to humans and the planet. You are not using the same yardstick when comparing the two that is quite clear
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post

Next there are those, my self included, that like fuel burning performance vehicles that go real fast. Nothing autonomous in my perfect world.
    Then you should like ethanol because it delivers more power

Post Likes
    Basically you appear to have concerns with modern farming techniques. Nothing would change really if they weren't growing corn they would grow soy beans etc and the same concerns would remain. I have a feeling you would be silent about it though. Am I wrong?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    The discussion of ethanol only started because people were posting falsehoods about it costing more in oil etc than we got in return. Which is false. I showed that and then just posted about its pluses that I have stated many times. Funny that you don't talk about all the harm that oil does to humans and the planet. You are not using the same yardstick when comparing the two that is quite clear
    What harm? Global warming? I don't believe man has a measurable impact on it. The deep Horizon and Exon Valdeeze? No lasting effects. Fracking? We displaced a few Indians. I don't see the harm.
    I watched a documentary a few weeks ago about fracking and the willing farmers who prospered by selling their land and the bitterness of the farmers who refused to sell their land. When it all comes down to it, our time here on earth is limited. Make the best of what we have. If my great great great grandson that I never meet happens to die as the result of a 1.8* warming of the earth, I'm sorry but I don't give a crap. Nor do I give a crap if he dies of fertilizer poisoning from corn crops, or if he gets hit by a bus run on natural gas. It doesn't affect my world. What does affect my world is the amount of money being pissed away on lies. We didn't have global warming before Al Gore. When I was a kid, we were preparing for the next ice age because the earth was cooling. It's all a money grabbing hoax that does nothing but put money in the pockets of the politicians and their special interest groups. Big oil makes money because of big corn and vice versa. The NRA makes money because of the anti gun nuts and vice versa. The far left politicians make money because of the far right politicians and vice versa. The key to becoming rich is to give(tell) the people what they want, not what they need.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Took you long enough to pay attention page. (post 156)
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    Took you long enough to pay attention page. (post 156)
    What do you think I was doing or saying in that post Wayne?

Post Likes
    The truth is I don't really care page.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    The truth is I don't really care page.
    You were referring to it but you don't care. That doesn't make much sense, at least you are consistent.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    What harm? Global warming? I don't believe man has a measurable impact on it. The deep Horizon and Exon Valdeeze? No lasting effects. Fracking? We displaced a few Indians. I don't see the harm.
    I watched a documentary a few weeks ago about fracking and the willing farmers who prospered by selling their land and the bitterness of the farmers who refused to sell their land. When it all comes down to it, our time here on earth is limited. Make the best of what we have. If my great great great grandson that I never meet happens to die as the result of a 1.8* warming of the earth, I'm sorry but I don't give a crap. Nor do I give a crap if he dies of fertilizer poisoning from corn crops, or if he gets hit by a bus run on natural gas. It doesn't affect my world. What does affect my world is the amount of money being pissed away on lies. We didn't have global warming before Al Gore. When I was a kid, we were preparing for the next ice age because the earth was cooling. It's all a money grabbing hoax that does nothing but put money in the pockets of the politicians and their special interest groups. Big oil makes money because of big corn and vice versa. The NRA makes money because of the anti gun nuts and vice versa. The far left politicians make money because of the far right politicians and vice versa. The key to becoming rich is to give(tell) the people what they want, not what they need.
    So you don't care about the future or future generations. I might have guessed that without you saying it but honesty is always nice.

You seem to be concerned with farming practices for corn for ethanol but not with the same practices for other crops. Only the corn for ethanol is impacting water that you are so concerned with and not other crops and fracking, oil spills etc.

Making money from fracking is good but from growing corn is not good. Although gas companies received billions in subsidies.

OK I think I understand your viewpoints now

Post Likes
    Beenthere is worried about the birds now all of a sudden.
    LOL, don't forget, its the birds that eat many of the pest that harm corn crops.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    So you don't care about the future or future generations. I might have guessed that without you saying it but honesty is always nice.

You seem to be concerned with farming practices for corn for ethanol but not with the same practices for other crops. Only the corn for ethanol is impacting water that you are so concerned with and not other crops and fracking, oil spills etc.

Making money from fracking is good but from growing corn is not good. Although gas companies received billions in subsidies.

OK I think I understand your viewpoints now
    I can't eat corn for fuel. The oil spills do more damage to the economy than they do to the earth. The global economy runs on crude, not corn for fuel. I believe I stated earlier, and if I did not, forgive me, I am not opposed to other forms of saving energy or creating new energy. I am opposed to paying more for equal or poorer results. I am also opposed of those who put non human life ahead of human life. The real crisis people should focus on is running out of fresh water. I know I already stated that it won't affect me because I'm on Lake Michigan. It certainly affects those west of the Mississippi and people in foreign countries. South Africa is almost out of fresh water. I have a friend from South Africa that blames it on the end of apartheid.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    LOL, don't forget, its the birds that eat many of the pest that harm corn crops.
    And let's not forget the bees and butterflys.. pollinating..
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post

I love birds. I spend a few thousand dollars a year feeding them. Had at least 18 cardinals in my backyard a short time ago. Have you ever seen that many cardinals in one small space?

Birds also damage crops. You seem to be concerned about them as I am. Here is some interesting reading on what threatens them.

The top five threats to birds may surprise you
    5. Climate Change

https://www.birdlife.org/worldwide/n...y-surprise-you

Effects of Climate Change on Birds

https://www.massaudubon.org/our-cons...hange/on-birds

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast