I have been waiting a long time, for just the right moment to tell this true short story, and the time is "Right NOW" !

The year, was around 1972-73, and it was my first day, in HVAC/R College. As the 50 or so of us new students sat there, the door opens, and in comes the course director, and chief instructor, who i will call Mr.S. He strolls in smoking his pipe, in the NO smoking classroom, sits his briefcase down, and goes to the chalk board. He picks up the chalk, and draws a large rectangle, with the outline shape of a human head inside of it. He writes mirror on the top of the rectangle, and "giftie gie us" on the bottom of it. he then pulls out his comb, and combs his hair in the fake mirror. Well we are siting there, and thinking, what kind of nut is this turd!. He finishes his hair grooming, and without saying a word of what just transpired, he began his/our first class in our 2 year program. After the class, everyone was buzzing about this "giftie gie us" term, and just what it meant. well, Mr.S would not answer any questions about it, for the whole first year. We later found out, that it was a translated term from a 1700's poem by Robert Burns. Here is what the message roughly means folks..."Oh Would Some Power Grant Us "The giftie gie us", "The Power To See Ourselves, As Others See Us" That's it, If you can use it use it, if not disregard it. I have tried my best to live by this message, from the first time i heard it, almost 50 years ago. But, I'm Far from perfect, so when i fall short, I try harder when i realize it............

Thanks for Your Time