Post Likes

Motor replaced in condenser but only one speed

I have an old Fujitsu mini split in one of my units that had the fan go bad. The repair company wanted to replace the entire mini split because the motors weren't available from the manufacturer anymore. I found a motor company that had a replacement that would work and they also mounted it for me. The only thing is the old one responded to multi-speed commands and this one doesn't. I wired it to high speed for now and it works, but would like to add whatever control unit it needs to give me low, med and high speeds. I assume the old motor had these built in. I know a rheostat changes the speed of a motor but all the rheostats I see for sale are manual switches. I need something that receives the low, med or high signal from the inside unit and in turn changes the fan speed.

Thanks,

David

Post Likes
    Listen to the contractor.....Replace the system.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Listen to the contractor.....Replace the system.
    I've long since installed the motor and has been working fine for 6 months. Just not so efficient with fan only running at high speed. I spent $300 on the motor, if I listened to the contractor I would spend $3500. I'm sure there is a way to control the fan, even if one has to be built. But I'm hoping there is one that I can buy.

Post Likes
    With a mini it is NOT running properly.

Post Likes
    I know of no way of installing a non ECM motor in a mini!

Post Likes
    shoulda had the old motor rebuilt at a motor shop.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    shoulda had the old motor rebuilt at a motor shop.
    Oh snap! That’s exactly what I should have done. Unfortunately I do not have the motor anymore.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by muzikmkur View Post
    Oh snap! That’s exactly what I should have done. Unfortunately I do not have the motor anymore.
    sorry to hear. but next time, or if you find another proper replacement online (ebay, for example), try to find a good reputable motor rebuilder in your area. They're a lifesaver a lot of times. They may even have your old motor in stock for some reason.