Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    One of my favorites ---They should play this on every news story that this is how it "could have been prevented"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    An outline of some concepts which have served me well all my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

There it is, .... "Common Sense".
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    Double indemnity happens! All the time....

If the state does not do a "good enough job" then typically the Feds will charge for a federal crime and hve another go at it and usually win on something.

Our system stinks...... just a little bit less than all the others.
    Here is what it is. I will provide an example. An individual is convicted at the state level of the murder of someone who is a protected class, a minority, say a homosexual man. The Feds then charge the killer with a different crime, the crime of a civil rights violation for that same murder. The killer ends up with two charges in two courts at two different government levels. The Supreme Court ruled many years ago that is is not double jeapordy.

Like it or nor not, this is the law as determined by the highest court.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Here is what it is. I will provide an example. An individual is convicted at the state level of the murder of someone who is a protected class, a minority, say a homosexual man. The Feds then charge the killer with a different crime, the crime of a civil rights violation for that same murder. The killer ends up with two charges in two courts at two different government levels. The Supreme Court ruled many years ago that is is not double jeapordy.

Like it or nor not, this is the law as determined by the highest court.
    Yes they can recharge as a different crime but that is not double jeopardy- The Fifth Amendment to the Constitution states that no person shall “be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb.”The double jeopardy clause bars second prosecutions after either acquittal or conviction, and prohibits multiple punishments for the same offense

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lkapigian View Post
    And lets all remember , Poor Laquan McDonald was sitting peacefully on his front porch minding his own business when Office Van Dyke pulled up out of nowhere and opened fire
    The race for Mayor of Chicago is going on right now and a new mayor will be voted in in a couple weeks. One of the contestants, and I use that word on purpose, is Toni Preckwinkle. She is currently the Crook County Board President. She's running on the platform that blacks are good and cops are bad. She herself is either light skinned or a mulatto. Her commercials have bee about how she is the one who brought light to the LaQuan McDonald case. She has plans to get rid of the gang database because it is disproportionately filled with names and photos of blacks and hispanics. She also want tougher punishment for police officers. The latest is she wants officers to be reprimanded if they refuse to allow the bad guys to make 3 phone calls within the first hour of being arrested. She is as corrupt as the day is long and is a heavy tax and heavy spend democrat.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    The race for Mayor of Chicago is going on right now and a new mayor will be voted in in a couple weeks. One of the contestants, and I use that word on purpose, is Toni Preckwinkle. She is currently the Crook County Board President. She's running on the platform that blacks are good and cops are bad. She herself is either light skinned or a mulatto. Her commercials have bee about how she is the one who brought light to the LaQuan McDonald case. She has plans to get rid of the gang database because it is disproportionately filled with names and photos of blacks and hispanics. She also want tougher punishment for police officers. The latest is she wants officers to be reprimanded if they refuse to allow the bad guys to make 3 phone calls within the first hour of being arrested. She is as corrupt as the day is long and is a heavy tax and heavy spend democrat.
    Sounds like a shoe in......But seriously IMO the Black Community is as disgusted by all this as well, lefty just does not want us to see that ....False racism makes the Shaptons of the world $$$$!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    This is why they don't want us to have guns to defend ourselves......

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rcstl View Post
    This is why they don't want us to have guns to defend ourselves......
    She can remove all the police from the city altogether and see how that works. Of course, she needs to include those directly protecting her as well.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123