Post Likes

Outside Estimator

Hi Guys,

Curious if anyone has used an outside estimator to help bid jobs. We have a decent amount of projects that come in with request for bids. Would love to outsource some of the bid work. We could then review the bid and make changes based on experience. If so any suggestions?

Thanks,

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Seems to me you'd be gambling with an unknown risk. Hire qualified personnel you can trust. How can you effectively review a bid if you haven't looked at it?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    We have a system we use to come up with bids now. We will still follow that system. We bid some very large custom homes that can be quite complicated. Want to use this as a backup and to confirm our bid.

Post Likes
    I remember an estimator that was refereed to by some as "The man with no eyes". It was because of all the stuff he would sell a customer that couldn't be done. Like fitting all manner of accessories in a closet.
    He sold a lot until his rep got to the owner.
    If possible every bid should go through a peer review of sorts. Because there is rarely only one best way. A "Devils advocate" can save a lot of grief. But also needed is a flexible audience. Many times there is resistance to any changes.
    I can't remember a job that couldn't have been made better.
    I should have played the g'tar on the MTV. MK

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    I have seen a few PT sales people that were utilized only when we were busy. Usually they were retired workers from that company that were comfortable with each other. Shouldn't be hard to find someone like that it would just depend if you wanted a closer or a person who knew what they were doing and could also get a signature.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15