Post Likes

Carrier 25 Ton split system

Less than a year old , new system with new lineset 120 Feet includiing bends . Split Evap coil , 2 TXVs , 2 solonoids , correct oil trap configuration on the piping , correct size piping , Runs for 5 months no issues . Today throws a Low superheat , and high head pressure codes , sight glasses are low on oil , ( maintenance personell changed filters yesterday )Suspect oil issues however cannot get a run time to bring oil back , any ideas ? thought about pumping some oil in each pot to get a run however high head issue is cause for concern with pinchy shit ass small condensor coil . ( New style that looks like car radiator ) Any ideas on how to get the oil back without blowing 2 pots . And or dumping 100 pounds of 410 reeefer .

Post Likes
    What's the evap EAT? Can it bring OSA in which caused low load recently?
    What type of head pressure control?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by robinair View Post
    sight glasses are low on oil
    Just How Low is Low in the sight glasses? Can you see at least some oil in the bottom of each glass? What has changed on the unit, or outside unit surroundings, in the past 5 months? Your problem sounds like a plugged condenser coil, and or low air flow to it, causing the high head psi? If you do have some oil left in the pots, wash the condenser coil, cool it down, fire it up, and continue to troubleshoot it, as to why the oil went away. Add oil if needed to start compressors, but not too much. Give the oil time to return. Bottom Line is, you need to get it running to troubleshoot it, "IF you Do Not want to Recover the Refrigerant Charge". Good Luck !

Post Likes
    Sounds like your condenser is short cycling and pumped the oil out into the system and don't have enough load to bring it back. The low superheat kind of lets us know that.

You might have some piping issues as well not letting oil make it back.

Post Likes
    Low SH means little if any work but with High Head Pressure in the winter?

Post Likes
    If its micro channel and over charged your gonna get high head pressure.
    How about you give us the model # , compressor/evaporator orientation and distance on riser.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    If its micro channel and over charged your gonna get high head pressure.
    How about you give us the model # , compressor/evaporator orientation and distance on riser.
    True until flow is established.

Post Likes
    100 lbs. of gas sounds like a lot for a 25 ton split with a micro channel.
    Need that model #

Post Likes
    Also be aware microchannel coils don't do pumpdowns again it will trip on high pressure.
    Gibbo

Post Likes
    As previously mentioned the refrigerant charge seems high to me.

Post Likes
    Let me put a head on this one, if i may..."To the OP," where the hell are you!!!!You just made my list as a one time, hit and run, and "Very Rude, Poster"! I wish you nothing but the WORST, from this point forward, Do You Get it Now, "robinair"????!!!!