Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Solx energy

Post Likes
    Installed 2 new Solx 5 x 5 panels with 2 new variable speed drive 4 ton units mid- April 2019.
    It does not work. Solx shuts down the 4 ton AC units every day approx. 4:00 PM.
    Once the units cool each restart approx. 9:30 PM every night.
    Further no significant decrease with the electric bill. Both units have been isolated from Solx
    for at least 3 weeks.

I am perplexed Solx refers to the perfect installation. Consequently, Solx does not provide the following:
    - Documentation regarding sizing.
    - Documentation regarding installation.
    - Documentation regarding pressure temperature curves.
    - Documentation regarding line sets.
    - Documentation regarding additional unit charging with freon
    - Documentation regarding additional equipment needed for installation.

Summer is almost over. Solx has been a continuous battle. So far not impressed. Further it has not been prove to work. Solx needs to fix the problem Solx or get the crap off my roof top !

Post Likes
    Installed 2 new Solx 5 x 5 panels with 2 new variable speed drive 4 ton units mid- April 2019.
    It does not work. Solx shuts down the 4 ton AC units every day approx. 4:00 PM.
    Once the units cool each restart approx. 9:30 PM every night.
    Further no significant decrease with the electric bill. Both units have been isolated from Solx
    for at least 3 weeks without AC issue.

I am perplexed Solx refers to the perfect installation. Consequently, Solx does not provide the following:
    - Documentation regarding sizing.
    - Documentation regarding installation.
    - Documentation regarding pressure temperature curves.
    - Documentation regarding line sets.
    - Documentation regarding additional unit charging with freon
    - Documentation regarding additional equipment needed for installation.

Summer is almost over. Solx has been a continuous battle. So far not impressed. Further it has not been proven to work. Solx needs to fix the problem or get the Solx crap off my roof top !

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by solx-eu View Post
    A similar companion of that is the Mpemba effect, stating exactly that: The phase change of water, which is a dipole, and not as strong as refrigerants, finishes phase change quicker, when the process starts at higher temeprature than the same amount of water with a colder temeprature. There are hundreds of videos in the Net proving that. Unfortunately there fly around many theories for it and which are wrong, as clear experiments from several others show. All these theories never went into chemistry and never took a deeper look in what is really happening at the phase change, because it is very complicated. But all empirical data for the Mpemba effect shows: It's there and you can proove it repeatedly. Most just have the wrong theory for it.
    Can you provide a link to a paper or one of these videos explaining the Mpemba effect as it relates to refrigerants? The only thing I can find is an explanation of Mpemba effect as it relates to the freezing rate of hot water vs. cold water.

Since many halocarbon refrigerants have a dielectric constant approaching that of water, I can imagine that a similar effect would occur in refrigerant. But that's what I want to understand from the Mpemba effect. I will blindly accept that it will accelerate the speed of condensing, but it has to because you've added energy. How does this translate into subcooling? Does the Mpemba effect cause the refrigerant to overshoot saturation temp and end up at a lower energy? Or does it happen so quickly that I still have a lot of condenser left to do subcooling in?

Please put this in terminology that we refrigeration engineers can understand.

Post Likes
    I have run Solx for several months . No change in the electric bill. Further Solx shut down my AC units everyday apprx 4:00 PM in the heat of the day with temperatures between 108 to 115 F. So far it does not work. Save your money. This is a scam until they prove other wise. I will be happy to provide information regarding m with y negative experience with Solx. My advise so far - save your money. Do not consider a Solx purchase.
    Last edited by Needcoldair; 08-28-2019 at 08:58 PM. Reason: wording

Post Likes
    Solx Florida facility no longer answers the phone. It appear to be fraud.
    I have secured and attorney ....

Post Likes
    Solx Florida facility no longer answers the phone. It appears to be fraud.
    I have secured and attorney ....

Post Likes
    I am proof. This does not work. I had to isolate both AC units from the Solx condensers.
    Each unit would shut down approx 3 Pm every day. Once the units cooled off approx 9:30 PM
    each would run and cool the house. This has been a summer long battle. After isolation, so far no issues.
    However, No response from Solx - no help from Solx. No customer service from Solx.
    I am pulling this crap off my roof top and returning to Solx . My advice, save your money.

Post Likes
    Mr PhD in science. Solx-Eu. Wow.
    I am a refrigeration mechanic, and a professional Mechanical engineer, specializing in refrigeration for 45 years I currently work in Research and Development for a manufacturer of AC equipment.
    I have read the literature on your website, I am always interested in learning something new in this fascinating industry.
    I have difficulty in understanding the explanations given. I understand the thermodynamics in a refrigeration system and heat exchanges theory and design.
    What puzzles me, is why, most of the pictures given, the solar panels are installed upside down.

heat pipes do not work upside down... Hmmm.

Post Likes
    I apologize, In my previous post, I incorrectly stated that heat pipes do not work upside down. With proper wicking heat pipes can in fact can transfer heat in any direction.
    The evacuated tube heat pipes shown, however, are more correctly defined as thermosyphon heat pipes. thermoysphons heat pipes only transfer heat in the upward direction, and typically cannot transfer heat efficiently downward.
    The solar panels shown, are designed as thermosyphons, and should have the header on TOP of the panel. Go to any evacuated tube solar panel website and see.

The evacuated tube heat exchangers shown in the Solx website, installation photo gallery, most collectors are installed with the header located at the bottom of the panel. The other arrangement shown is horizontal heat exchangers, if they are in fact solar panels as stated... should they not at least try to face the sun?

Why are the tilted panels installed upside down?

Post Likes
    These guys are full of it. Their latest claim, that the Mpemba Effect drives the savings is pure bull. The Mpemba Effect, which not all scientists agree even exists, is about the water that was hot freezing faster than cool water. It has nothing to do with the process of condensing gas to liquid.

I have never been able to find an independent review of their products. Every "case study" on the internet has been written by SolX. One of the featured projects on their website is the Fort Myers Beach Public Library. Use Google Maps with satellite to find it and you will see that the solar panels are no longer there.

If this worked, energy efficiency advocates would be shouting this from the rooftops.

Post Likes
    First off, we would like to state that as a company we are extremely disappointed and sorry to hear that we have an unsatisfied customer, especially one that feels we have not tried to rectify the issue and provide a solution and satisfaction. Additionally, also appreciate that this is the internet and people can essentially say what they like, however, making statements about things that are not fully understood is not only irresponsible, but damaging. I am James Mezzenga, Brand Operations Manager for SolX Energy International, Located in FL. Our phone number as listed on our website www dot solxenergyus dot com is in fact 888-764-7659, and is completely operational and functional.

Regarding the claim of ‘Fraudulent’ technology… SolX Energy has 1000’s of installations in over 48 countries across the world. To enter onto a forum and base an opinion about a technology without all the facts is irresponsible at best. We have installations with clients such as Barclays Bank, AutoZone, 7/11, Cummins, Mercedes, Toyota, DHL, and many more. NONE of which the results achieved have been challenged. None. In fact, a number of these clients have already moved onto multiple facility installations. Furthermore, on our website at www dot solxenergyus dot com, we have a number of independent case studies that must have been overlooked. The RTE Case study was independently contracted by the installer and Toyota, in which SolX was not even involved. We are happy to have independent studies done and will work with interested parties to do so. Please feel free to reach out to anyone of these clients to verify what we have stated.

As with any new technology which incorporates onto equipment of many different types, as well as manufacturers, there are on occasion going to be situations where unexpected problems may arise. This is certainly the minority. If it were as common an occurrence as is being assumed here, we would not have large corporate customers returning time and time again for more installations. Lets be real here guys… The benefits and reduced maintenance costs are there to see. If they didn’t see it they would not be continuing to invest in their facilities with this product. Additionally, we have multiple equipment manufacturers now building systems off the line ready to incorporate our technology.

I should however address the initial claim which started this series of posts. Yes, there was an installation performed by a newly trained contractor, on a residence in AZ which is having some issues. Allow me to clarify the issues.

1. The system is kicking high temp codes and shutting down. This system was installed on an untested, unproven system for partnering with ThermX. There are on occasion certain models of equipment and systems that just don’t function correctly due to various possible reasons, such as: particular sensor types and their position, how the system is designed, as well as system logic programming issues that conflict with what SolX Energy does. In those situations, once we are aware, we obviously don’t continue to allow those to be paired.

It is important to note, that ThermX must be paired with variable speed technology. Likewise, a good working knowledge of VRF is required to best understand how and why ThermX works. In this case, it is understandable as to why the contractor assumed things should work fine. The system they installed on is labelled as an inverter unit, but it is in fact a hybrid type with only 3 steps, and not fully modulating. The logic within this system (although not fully determined at this point) appears to be incompatible.

2. Until a contractor has performed a number of installations, demonstrating their knowledge and understanding of the various system applications, they are supposed to run any untried equipment pairings through SolX Engineering, for the thumbs up or thumbs down, or general precaution. SolX Energy had no knowledge of this pairing, prior to it being installed. Had we, we would have brought up the importance of the fundamentals with this system type (regardless of ThermX), our potential concerns, and ultimately would not have recommended this system to be paired with ThermX. At the minimum, we would have suggested they treat this with caution, and perhaps attempt a single unit first for R&D.

3. Certain installation protocols were not followed, and specific and vital components were not installed, which will 100% of the time cause not only savings/performance issues but can result in damaged equipment and/or constant faults. Had pre-approved equipment been selected and installation methods been followed, there is almost a zero chance that there would been any issues.

Both issues are the result of the contractor’s inexperience with the technology, and in no way establishes the fact that the technology does not work.

So, what have we done to remedy this? SolX Energy takes contractor quality assurance very seriously as improper installations unfairly reflect on the technology. First, we have already held another training session in Phoenix, which was attended by 3-4 individuals from this company, to refresh and reiterate. Second, we have had multiple communications with the homeowner and contractor trying to first diagnose the situation, and then resolve these issues. It took some time, but it has been determined that the combination of system choice and mis-installation are the culprit. This homeowner has not only one of our support personnel’s personal cell phone number and email, but the personal cell number of our CEO. The fact that he states that we no longer answer the phone is not accurate. I am very disappointed in the fact that not only this was said, but that he neglected to mention here how SolX Energy is trying to work with the contractor to remedy this problem.

SolX has agreed to, at our own expense (even though it is not actually our responsibility) provide two, brand new, High Efficiency HVAC TRUE Inverter systems, which we know pair with our technology perfectly, to replace the current systems in question.

SolX Energy will also be flying out one of our technicians to oversee this installation and make sure that this customer is satisfied. Again, not mentioned here.
    SolX will keep this post up to date on the progress of this installation. We are committed to ensuring that our contractor’s customers are happy with their purchase and will do whatever we can, within reason, to make sure that is the case.

In closing here, I just would like to say that this technology is disruptive, not yet mainstream, and often misunderstood. Over the years we have had the pleasure of turning on the mental light bulb for many PHD’s and Engineers who have had negative or confused initial responses. Just because you’ve never seen it before and don’t fully understand it for yourself… does not mean it’s a fraud, it just means you may have more to learn.

Just last week, we had a PHD appointed to attend a call with us by a large US corporation. We, as always were thinking we were going to enter another up-hill battle. On the contrary, when we opened the call the PHD spent the first 5 minutes telling us why our technology worked. I only wish you could all have been on that call.

I would like to end by inviting any sceptic to visit one of our installations. Hook up as many gauges, data loggers or whatever M&V you require to affix to the system to satisfy your requirements. We have nothing to hide and I know for a fact, as with many whom have gone before you, you will be blown away by the performance.

888-764-7659

Post Likes
    bullshit

Post Likes
    I've been following this and I'm interested in the technology but definitely leery. As a homeowner I will give anything a look that will help trim my monthly costs. Solar PV is an option as is more efficient HVAC technology. I would be interested in buying a mini split system or inverter if this thermex technology works. I will continue to follow the progress. I think if this company has in fact sent two new HVAC systems to the customer along with one of their techs to oversee the installation, you have to commend the effort. I don't know if Trane, Rheem or Goodman would do that. We should give them the benefit for now, retain criticism and allow them to resolve the error. Definitely curious to see how this plays out and it would be great if the original customer could in fact confirm the steps this company claims to have put in motion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast