Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solx energy

Post Likes
    Installed 2 new Solx 5 x 5 panels with 2 new variable speed drive 4 ton units mid- April 2019.
    It does not work. Solx shuts down the 4 ton AC units every day approx. 4:00 PM.
    Once the units cool each restart approx. 9:30 PM every night.
    Further no significant decrease with the electric bill. Both units have been isolated from Solx
    for at least 3 weeks.

I am perplexed Solx refers to the perfect installation. Consequently, Solx does not provide the following:
    - Documentation regarding sizing.
    - Documentation regarding installation.
    - Documentation regarding pressure temperature curves.
    - Documentation regarding line sets.
    - Documentation regarding additional unit charging with freon
    - Documentation regarding additional equipment needed for installation.

Summer is almost over. Solx has been a continuous battle. So far not impressed. Further it has not been prove to work. Solx needs to fix the problem Solx or get the crap off my roof top !

Post Likes
    Installed 2 new Solx 5 x 5 panels with 2 new variable speed drive 4 ton units mid- April 2019.
    It does not work. Solx shuts down the 4 ton AC units every day approx. 4:00 PM.
    Once the units cool each restart approx. 9:30 PM every night.
    Further no significant decrease with the electric bill. Both units have been isolated from Solx
    for at least 3 weeks without AC issue.

I am perplexed Solx refers to the perfect installation. Consequently, Solx does not provide the following:
    - Documentation regarding sizing.
    - Documentation regarding installation.
    - Documentation regarding pressure temperature curves.
    - Documentation regarding line sets.
    - Documentation regarding additional unit charging with freon
    - Documentation regarding additional equipment needed for installation.

Summer is almost over. Solx has been a continuous battle. So far not impressed. Further it has not been proven to work. Solx needs to fix the problem or get the Solx crap off my roof top !

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by solx-eu View Post
    A similar companion of that is the Mpemba effect, stating exactly that: The phase change of water, which is a dipole, and not as strong as refrigerants, finishes phase change quicker, when the process starts at higher temeprature than the same amount of water with a colder temeprature. There are hundreds of videos in the Net proving that. Unfortunately there fly around many theories for it and which are wrong, as clear experiments from several others show. All these theories never went into chemistry and never took a deeper look in what is really happening at the phase change, because it is very complicated. But all empirical data for the Mpemba effect shows: It's there and you can proove it repeatedly. Most just have the wrong theory for it.
    Can you provide a link to a paper or one of these videos explaining the Mpemba effect as it relates to refrigerants? The only thing I can find is an explanation of Mpemba effect as it relates to the freezing rate of hot water vs. cold water.

Since many halocarbon refrigerants have a dielectric constant approaching that of water, I can imagine that a similar effect would occur in refrigerant. But that's what I want to understand from the Mpemba effect. I will blindly accept that it will accelerate the speed of condensing, but it has to because you've added energy. How does this translate into subcooling? Does the Mpemba effect cause the refrigerant to overshoot saturation temp and end up at a lower energy? Or does it happen so quickly that I still have a lot of condenser left to do subcooling in?

Please put this in terminology that we refrigeration engineers can understand.

Post Likes
    I have run Solx for several months . No change in the electric bill. Further Solx shut down my AC units everyday apprx 4:00 PM in the heat of the day with temperatures between 108 to 115 F. So far it does not work. Save your money. This is a scam until they prove other wise. I will be happy to provide information regarding m with y negative experience with Solx. My advise so far - save your money. Do not consider a Solx purchase.
    Last edited by Needcoldair; 08-28-2019 at 08:58 PM. Reason: wording

Post Likes
    Solx Florida facility no longer answers the phone. It appear to be fraud.
    I have secured and attorney ....

Post Likes
    Solx Florida facility no longer answers the phone. It appears to be fraud.
    I have secured and attorney ....

Post Likes
    I am proof. This does not work. I had to isolate both AC units from the Solx condensers.
    Each unit would shut down approx 3 Pm every day. Once the units cooled off approx 9:30 PM
    each would run and cool the house. This has been a summer long battle. After isolation, so far no issues.
    However, No response from Solx - no help from Solx. No customer service from Solx.
    I am pulling this crap off my roof top and returning to Solx . My advice, save your money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12