Post Likes

Distech ECY-303 Wireless stat

Just starting with Distech, and I'm trying to figure out what model wirless sensor goes with the ECY-303? Will the Allure stat work? I was going to purchase the Wi-fi usb antenna for an access point. Not sure if I need to buy another wireless receiver module, and use the allure sensor that would be enocean I believe? I find myself on smart source looking through piles of information, and finding no answers. Anyways if any of you distech guru's could weigh in that would be great. Thanks

Post Likes
    The IP line does not support the Enocean adapter like the MSTP/LON lines did. I would hardwire if you can. If not, there is a product out called an EBox by Magnum Energy. It’s a Enocean to BACNet/IP router. It can handle a lot of enocean devices and it will not be cost effective for one stat. We have installed this setup many times and had success. Just be mindful of your distances, Enocean doesn’t go that far. Also, I would put the battery in the Stat.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SnekyJedi View Post
    The IP line does not support the Enocean adapter like the MSTP/LON lines did. I would hardwire if you can. If not, there is a product out called an EBox by Magnum Energy. It’s a Enocean to BACNet/IP router. It can handle a lot of enocean devices and it will not be cost effective for one stat. We have installed this setup many times and had success. Just be mindful of your distances, Enocean doesn’t go that far. Also, I would put the battery in the Stat.
    Well I was afraid of that. I kept seeing the ECL/ECB support but none for the ECY. Thanks for your reply.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SnekyJedi View Post
    Got word from distech that Q2 of this year the ECY will include enOcean capability. FYI. Hope their not like HW it will end up being Q4 of 2034 !!

Post Likes
    and do you really want to be the guinea pig,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by amigo View Post
    and do you really want to be the guinea pig,
    Geez I feel like I've been on many beta testing teams over the years! Long after the beta testing was done. LOL