Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buttwheat View Post
    At local 32 there is 3 levels of MES 1=55% of BTJ, 2=65% of BTJ and 3=80% of BTJ. A level 3 is about $43 an hr. You can always be paid over scale too.
    That's great. I have been told that your Local commands the market share up there. For all Service segments of HVAC, Refrigeration, Controls, and NDT we might have 1 percent of the market share here.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan001 View Post
    Wife got a big time job at Amazon so were moving out to seattle from MA. shes going in about a month, I'm coming once the winter is done and we sell our house. I do mostly residential with very limited commercial, what kind of pay can I expect and what kind of hours are given. My main concern is not being able to work 40 hours a week due to more mild temps. I have 9 years experience
    To answer your actual question if you want to continue doing the same stuff you are doing now you can expect in the $30-$40 range. If you want to move up to commercial /industrial and join the union you would start at about $43 until you turned out as a journeyman then we are about $60 on the check. As for getting your 40 that won’t be a problem there is a serious tech shortage. In my time at the union I have not got under 38 hours unless I took time off.
    Feel free to message me if you have any questions
    UA Proud

"Phfft! Facts. You can use them to prove anything." Homer Simpson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianOmarPerez View Post
    That's great. I have been told that your Local commands the market share up there. For all Service segments of HVAC, Refrigeration, Controls, and NDT we might have 1 percent of the market share here.

I believe we have somewhere around 50% of the market and it is growing
    UA Proud

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan001 View Post
    Sorry not a union guy can you explain these abbreviations

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    MES= mechanical equipment serviceman
    BTJ= building trades journeyman
    Just classifications
    UA Proud

Post Likes
    Also the last contract, the pay goes up 18$ over the new 6 year term.
    UA Local 32

Post Likes
    $18 on the check?!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    That's what I hear, but I don't have any personal experience.
    It was, about 5 years ago. Than the Californians or Los angelians flooded us out. Now we are nipple deep in hipsters and yuppies. Now my town in about money,status and zip code.
    On the other hand, I can use any restroom I want.
    I dont actually have the sack to use the women's, but if I did I cant be arrested for it.
    Also, weed is dang near free here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    18 minus the normal take outs we vote on. If i last that long should be in the mid 65 to 70 on the check
    UA Local 32

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buford View Post
    18 minus the normal take outs we vote on. If i last that long should be in the mid 65 to 70 on the check
    Last raise I was one of 6 guys that showed up to the meeting to vote on it

Post Likes
    Yankeefan001, are you in the area now? Are you still looking for work? If so, I could probably line up an interview for you with my company based in Tacoma.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisHunts View Post
    Yankeefan001, are you in the area now? Are you still looking for work? If so, I could probably line up an interview for you with my company based in Tacoma.
    Not yet but what company do you work for I'm moving there once I can sell my home so probably in 6 weeks once we get some final offers in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Hunt’s Services in Tacoma, WA. We specialize in Residential HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical. Company has been in business for 6 years and is growing quickly. Fun environment and my boss is willing to provide great compensation for guys that do really good work. Check us out online and let me know if you would like to setup a phone interview.

Post Likes
    I've been in Seattle for 27 long, long years. You will/should have some shock when you move here as to life styles & simply things like making friends. I have my own business & tend to work on the upper scale of homes & also do commercial & residential stuff. I'd work both sides of the street if I were you when it comes to the free enterprise system or working union. Both have their pluses & minuses. You can make good to better money in the free enterprise sector here is you want. But all these choices are up to you & what you expect out of life. If you are more comfortable & familiar with a union structure then head for that. If not there are tons of opportunities in the free market here also. These guys are arguing among each other about the subject of politics yet most of them never lived here. There is a difference in the Seattle area when it comes to the rest of the country, or at least by my experiences & I was born in raised in DC & thought I'd met every type of people possible until I moved to Seattle. Strange is all I can say & I'll leave it at that. Amazon is getting ready to pull out of Seattle & go over to the East side where things are more superficial. Even Amazon is having a difficult time in dealing with the leadership in Seattle. The leaders have recently suggested that cops should have their weapons removed with a follow up that once that is done then all the cops can be removed so we can all live in peace. Look up a recent New broadcasters video named "Seattle is Dying" & you will get a little more insight.

Either way, the Seattle area is beautiful June, July & August. The rest of the months it rains in some sort or another. Over all the weather here is more tolerable than on the East Coast. And there are groups here that you can join if you are not originally from Seattle so you can have some friends. And rent until you get use to the place.

Free enterprise or union, it's up to you. Either way you should be able to easily find a job here now that the US is open for business again. I have not seen so me "hiring" signs most everywhere since over 8 years ago. Welcome!
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast