Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Likes

Moving to Seattle area

Wife got a big time job at Amazon so were moving out to seattle from MA. shes going in about a month, I'm coming once the winter is done and we sell our house. I do mostly residential with very limited commercial, what kind of pay can I expect and what kind of hours are given. My main concern is not being able to work 40 hours a week due to more mild temps. I have 9 years experience

Post Likes
    As a residential tech, work will load will be ok, but as a more moderate climate, you may have a few light weeks. I advise learning commercial, as that is the lifeblood of the pac nw.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Still what can I expect for hourly rate, I've seen some wildly varied number from 25-50 a hour. Would like to know so we can plan our housing. Shes got 3 months of a apartment provided by amazon

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Find a union co,wages are above all else.
    UA Local 32

Post Likes
    Try all of the Union contractors. Look for Serviceman or Apprentice jobs at Johnson Controls, maybe even a Tradesman job.

From the Washington NSMA Schedule A: Tradesman - Rate of pay shall be a minimum of 40% of the Service Journeyman ($52.81, from Local 32 website) rate.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Make sure your Lgbtq friendly. Lol.

7. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    I heard it rains a-lot and the bull dykes there will pick on you. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    What does any of that have to do w/ it?!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianOmarPerez View Post
    What does any of that have to do w/ it?!

There is a serious lack of tolerance in that crap-hole city. No one looks up and says hello and they all think everyone is out to get them, same as here in Portland. If you are liberal and a member of their cult you will do just fine.

12. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    There is a serious lack of tolerance in that crap-hole city. No one looks up and says hello and they all think everyone is out to get them, same as here in Portland. If you are liberal and a member of their cult you will do just fine.
    Wow a fine and well thought out statement. I hope you didn't hurt yourself coming up with that one all-star.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Whats wrong with you people? why you have to bring politics into every goddamn thing? they OP is looking for a HVAC job! what in the world that has to do with gays an lesbians? take your meds before posting garbage here!
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Whats wrong with you people? why you have to bring politics into every goddamn thing? they OP is looking for a HVAC job! what in the world that has to do with gays an lesbians? take your meds before posting garbage here!
    If you don't know, there's no reason to try and explain it..
    I've read your posts over time. You seem like an awesome tech. But you seem to have your head up your butt, when it comes to most anything else.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Post Likes
    There's no reason for the hatred I was simply asking questions no need to bring your ignorant remarks in here please keep them between you and your clan mates

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

17. Likes HVACannoyed liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast