+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using NAVAC tools ? Thoughts?

Post Likes

Anyone using NAVAC tools ? Thoughts?

Hey guys just wondering if anyone is using navac tools? I am just wondering about the quality and where they are made and so on ? do you guys like them do you use them on a regular basis? I am in the market for a new vac pump and i am torn between a navac and fieldpiece but i would also like to know if anyone is using their tubing tools or manifolds and so on ? Thanks in advance Jesse.

Post Likes
    I have been looking at those tools too. Looks like quality tools with lots of bells. But no one seems to have anything to say about them, good or bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Chinese
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    2 sac do you sell them ? I know tru tech tools sells them I dont know if we could get someone from tru tech to give us an opinion on them or tell us if they are comparable to other brands. I cant see them carrying a line of tools that they did not have faith in.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton HVAC View Post
    2 sac do you sell them ? I know tru tech tools sells them I dont know if we could get someone from tru tech to give us an opinion on them or tell us if they are comparable to other brands. I cant see them carrying a line of tools that they did not have faith in.
    No I don't. One of our suppliers is pushing them. He brought in a battery powered 2 cfm vacuum pump and I was less then impressed.

Post Likes
    Reminds me of hilmor

Post Likes
    Saw some videos of that little battery powered vac pump on youtube and i was more then impressed. Although for me I really dont see myself buying one unless on a roof or somewhere power isnt close i dont see a purpose. Most rooftops i work on have a receptacle close anyways its in the code here. I was just more interested in some of there other tools like their tubing tools and vac pumps i am in the market for a new pump but i know some guys are having issues with the fieldpiece and i am not really into the appion recovery machine but i seen navac is coming out with one to compete with the fieldpiece.

Post Likes
    If they do what they claim and can do it without breaking down, they look like a great option. I'd be skeptical as well without any recommendations. My biggest concern with the battery operated pump is lithium batteries don't give you any warning when they fail.

Post Likes
    The plug in Vacuum pump is actually a DC motor, built in analog gauge. Seems to perform well. The mircon gage is good, has a settable alarm feature to let you know when your desired mircons are reached.
    Personally my favorite is the pipe reamer tool. IMO this is the best reamer around. Instead of having a 3 blade arrangement, it has many blades allowing for a smoother action.

And everything is made in China now.....
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    Friend of mine just bought one, says he likes it.For now i will keeping using my old reliable JB 8 cfm pump still works good.Just bought some field piece job link probes.That is my new toy for this month.

Post Likes
    I understand that too once you get accustomed to something it is hard to change. I was just wondering if anyone is using there stuff because there other stuff was tired and needed replacing. I am in the market for a new vac pump but I am also looking at some of there other tools and they seem nice. I agree with Artietech almost everything is made or assembled in china. I just wanted some feedback on them from people that have them. Bryan Orr on HVAC School always talks about there things but I have yet to see many people even use them. I cant find many places that even carry there line of tools. I might have to order from Tru Tech tools and have them ship to me in canada.

Post Likes
    Tru Tech tools has some "combo" deals on the vac pumps right now.
    https://www.trutechtools.com/NAVAC-P...Bluetooth-6CFM

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton HVAC View Post
    I understand that too once you get accustomed to something it is hard to change. I was just wondering if anyone is using there stuff because there other stuff was tired and needed replacing. I am in the market for a new vac pump but I am also looking at some of there other tools and they seem nice. I agree with Artietech almost everything is made or assembled in china. I just wanted some feedback on them from people that have them. Bryan Orr on HVAC School always talks about there things but I have yet to see many people even use them. I cant find many places that even carry there line of tools. I might have to order from Tru Tech tools and have them ship to me in canada.
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    My boss ordered all the techs the tubing reamer and flaring tool. Reamer is pretty nice because it doesn't cut too much material off. The flaring tool is nice too but I still use my Yellow Jacket automatic flaring tool with the grip on it. It's never failed me, just remember to drop a couple drops of oil on the cone.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by napoleon-dynomite View Post
    My boss ordered all the techs the tubing reamer and flaring tool. Reamer is pretty nice because it doesn't cut too much material off. The flaring tool is nice too but I still use my Yellow Jacket automatic flaring tool with the grip on it. It's never failed me, just remember to drop a couple drops of oil on the cone.
    Best reaming tool ever invented is a step bit.

15. Likes dieseldude liked this post.
    Post Likes
    If you want to find out about their equipment. Andrew Graves is a former technician. He has a you tube channel named AK HVAC. He works for them now. He came by our shop with some of their products and we spoke a while. He left several products because he wanted our feedback. He used to be a competitor of ours. I just so happen to be working on an Aaron system with both circuits void of refrigerant and another circuit on another Aaron Void on the same roof. Lyric theatre in Lexington Ky. I have a Tez 8. So I figured I would do a little comparison test.repaired all leaks. Performed a triple evacuation of circuits. He first circuit I ran the Apion 8 on for several hours. Stopped at 700-740 microns and bounced there for an hour or so. I shut it off, installed the Navac 8. In under 1 hour I was @ 350 microns. When I evacuate a system I use hoses strait to the system with no manifold set. 1/2” and 3/8” hose set. On the other 2 circuits. Side beside comparison wasn’t even close. It was a slam dunk. If you are interested in their tools. I can vouch for them. It’s legit. And prices are good. I normally don’t post or mention products. But it blew my mind.

Post Likes
    Good to now what you found out about the Naval 8,How does the fieldpiece Vacuum pump rate.I have an 8 CFM Yellow Jacket Bullet vacuum pump.Its ok.Not close to the NAVac.I was looking into a new pump soon.My next thing to buy.Just spent money on new fieldpiece SMAN 480,so new Vacuum pump will have to wait a while.Good to know which one to save for.

Post Likes
    I was not pleased with the Fieldpiece 8cfm pump. As much as I wanted to like it, it did not perform. I did a teardown on it, and I believe the issue I was having was related to how the built in vacuum manifold was constructed.

I had a similar experience. It stalled around 1000 microns on a small chiller repair. After oil changes and going over and over my hoses, and core tools, no change.

Put the 7 cfm JB on the system and was down to below 500 microns in 30 minutes.

Was using Appion Megaflow hoses and core tools on both.

That night the Fieldpiece was removed from service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Is this the difference between a pump that can easily pull 15 or below vs a pump that can only pull 60-50? Something about these quick change oil systems don't seem worth it.

Still haven't seen a tez8 pull below 50 with just a micron gauge attached on these forums. Or can the field piece go from contaminated oil that will only pull in the hundreds down to 20 with one quick oil change?

Post Likes
    wow!!!! I thought the fieldpiece would be good!!!I have had good luck with JB pumps over the years.Looks like the Naval 8 is the way to go.Have also heard the TEZ 8 is not so great.I like most fieldpiece tools, but i think they are not quite up to par on a few things.i was looking at their new Leak Detector,but bought another DETek instead.Inficon has been making leak detectors much longer than Fieldpiece.Not bad mouthing fieldpiece ,I have a lot of the tools.I'm going to check into the Navac 8

Post Likes
    so!!!Between the Tez 8 the fieldpiece and the Navac 8 ,it appears that the Navac 8 is the best Vacuum pump.of the three.Anyone with a Nuvac 8,All comments welcome.Trying to determine which vacuum pump to get.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in