Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by napoleon-dynomite View Post
    My boss ordered all the techs the tubing reamer and flaring tool. Reamer is pretty nice because it doesn't cut too much material off. The flaring tool is nice too but I still use my Yellow Jacket automatic flaring tool with the grip on it. It's never failed me, just remember to drop a couple drops of oil on the cone.
    Best reaming tool ever invented is a step bit.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    If you want to find out about their equipment. Andrew Graves is a former technician. He has a you tube channel named AK HVAC. He works for them now. He came by our shop with some of their products and we spoke a while. He left several products because he wanted our feedback. He used to be a competitor of ours. I just so happen to be working on an Aaron system with both circuits void of refrigerant and another circuit on another Aaron Void on the same roof. Lyric theatre in Lexington Ky. I have a Tez 8. So I figured I would do a little comparison test.repaired all leaks. Performed a triple evacuation of circuits. He first circuit I ran the Apion 8 on for several hours. Stopped at 700-740 microns and bounced there for an hour or so. I shut it off, installed the Navac 8. In under 1 hour I was @ 350 microns. When I evacuate a system I use hoses strait to the system with no manifold set. 1/2” and 3/8” hose set. On the other 2 circuits. Side beside comparison wasn’t even close. It was a slam dunk. If you are interested in their tools. I can vouch for them. It’s legit. And prices are good. I normally don’t post or mention products. But it blew my mind.

Post Likes
    Good to now what you found out about the Naval 8,How does the fieldpiece Vacuum pump rate.I have an 8 CFM Yellow Jacket Bullet vacuum pump.Its ok.Not close to the NAVac.I was looking into a new pump soon.My next thing to buy.Just spent money on new fieldpiece SMAN 480,so new Vacuum pump will have to wait a while.Good to know which one to save for.

Post Likes
    I was not pleased with the Fieldpiece 8cfm pump. As much as I wanted to like it, it did not perform. I did a teardown on it, and I believe the issue I was having was related to how the built in vacuum manifold was constructed.

I had a similar experience. It stalled around 1000 microns on a small chiller repair. After oil changes and going over and over my hoses, and core tools, no change.

Put the 7 cfm JB on the system and was down to below 500 microns in 30 minutes.

Was using Appion Megaflow hoses and core tools on both.

That night the Fieldpiece was removed from service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Is this the difference between a pump that can easily pull 15 or below vs a pump that can only pull 60-50? Something about these quick change oil systems don't seem worth it.

Still haven't seen a tez8 pull below 50 with just a micron gauge attached on these forums. Or can the field piece go from contaminated oil that will only pull in the hundreds down to 20 with one quick oil change?

Post Likes
    wow!!!! I thought the fieldpiece would be good!!!I have had good luck with JB pumps over the years.Looks like the Naval 8 is the way to go.Have also heard the TEZ 8 is not so great.I like most fieldpiece tools, but i think they are not quite up to par on a few things.i was looking at their new Leak Detector,but bought another DETek instead.Inficon has been making leak detectors much longer than Fieldpiece.Not bad mouthing fieldpiece ,I have a lot of the tools.I'm going to check into the Navac 8

Post Likes
    so!!!Between the Tez 8 the fieldpiece and the Navac 8 ,it appears that the Navac 8 is the best Vacuum pump.of the three.Anyone with a Nuvac 8,All comments welcome.Trying to determine which vacuum pump to get.

Post Likes
    Any updates on the Navac 8 Cfm?

Post Likes
    Could the stories of two pumps just be similar to running a roughing pump and a finishing pump? Pump oil gets contaminated. Pump is hot after a long evac. Cool clean second pump comes in to save the day and is the hero.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Could the stories of two pumps just be similar to running a roughing pump and a finishing pump? Pump oil gets contaminated. Pump is hot after a long evac. Cool clean second pump comes in to save the day and is the hero.
    I wondered that, too.

I bought the Navac cordless flaring tool as we have a big ductless job coming up. The test flares on made on 3/8" tubing were fast and perfect. I'll try to post again when we use it in the field.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes

Vacuum pump

No. I did a side by side on identical AAON rooftop systems. It wasn't even close but a landslide. Same hoses etc. its a far superior machine.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray wallace View Post
    No. I did a side by side on identical AAON rooftop systems. It wasn't even close but a landslide. Same hoses etc. its a far superior machine.
    One thing is missing from your story/test. Would like to know when the TEZ supposedly stalls what the pump pulls down to by itself. Probably over one hundred. Not saying your conclusions are wrong because the little oil cartridge machines haven't impressed me but compaired to another traditional wet style pump I'm not so sure this NAVAC pump isn't just the latest deal to buzz around social media.

13. Likes heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Not for me. I posted the teardown when I did it. I found the connection to the built in vacuum manifold to be suspect. It was a slip fit tube into a tube connection with an O-ring and a butt load of vacuum grease to seal. I think the grease got pulled in enough to make the seal not seal so swell.

After I put it back together it would pull below 50, may have been as low as 15. Dont remember though. Either way, I sold it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast