+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Meter leads

Post Likes

Meter leads

Last time I bought a fieldpiece meter it came with the safety meter leads so I swapped leads from my old one. They finally frayed on me and I need new ones, ordered a set off amazon but the pic was misleading and its the safety tip ones. The fieldpiece ones at the supply house are the same. I feel like these things are less safe, I can't just stick them in a spade connector or something I have to hold both pieces just right and not slip. So what are you guys using have all brands done this?

Post Likes
    I love the fluke twist up leads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I use both Fieldpiece ADK 7 test leads as well as UEI test leads. Both have the alligator clip attachments for spade terminals as well as the long probe tips to reach into tight spaces.
    The thing I like about the UEI’s is the alligator attachments screw onto the probe tips so you aren’t having to unplug the the different probes to change tips.

4. Likes joemach liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelb1069 View Post
    I use both Fieldpiece ADK 7 test leads as well as UEI test leads. Both have the alligator clip attachments for spade terminals as well as the long probe tips to reach into tight spaces.
    The thing I like about the UEI’s is the alligator attachments screw onto the probe tips so you aren’t having to unplug the the different probes to change tips.

That does sound nice, I gave up on the fieldpiece alligator clips because the whole kit wouldn't fit in the meter bag and was just a pain to keep track of in my tool pouch.

Post Likes
    Yeah the fieldpiece lead kits are hard to keep track of when you’re on a service call in a ceiling at 2 AM. I’ve lost a number of them.
    Never had an issue with the UEI’s and they seem as accurate as the fieldpiece and they certainly are cheaper cost wise. Lol

Post Likes
    You can find the UEI on Amazon they’re UEI ATL55 Test Leads

Post Likes
    Probemaster.com
    They have what u need from just plain leads up to special kits.
    Well priced and made in America.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    Are you aware that the safety cover comes off the tip of the Fieldpiece probe, making it a standard, old school probe?

Post Likes
    I like the fluke one's that look like a mini version of a retrieval tool but i cut the plastic off the tips so i can probe with it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 335 guy View Post
    Are you aware that the safety cover comes off the tip of the Fieldpiece probe, making it a standard, old school probe?
    I was thinking the same thing. All of my FieldPiece probes have the ability to remove the plastic sleeve so you have the standard 1” or so probe tip.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    Last time I bought a fieldpiece meter it came with the safety meter leads so I swapped leads from my old one. They finally frayed on me and I need new ones, ordered a set off amazon but the pic was misleading and its the safety tip ones. The fieldpiece ones at the supply house are the same. I feel like these things are less safe, I can't just stick them in a spade connector or something I have to hold both pieces just right and not slip. So what are you guys using have all brands done this?
    Doesn't the plastic piece(the safety thing) pull out? Give it a tug.
    [B][SIZE=2] CENTER]I no longer identify as a conspiracy theorist. You may now refer to me as “That guy that was always right”.

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 335 guy View Post
    Yeah, what this "guy" said.
    [B][SIZE=2] CENTER]I no longer identify as a conspiracy theorist. You may now refer to me as “That guy that was always right”.

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    Ha you guys are right the new ones from amazon the plastic pops right off. The older ones I already had the tips are only so long its not a cover blocking them, hadn't even tried with the new ones.

Post Likes
    The only thing I don’t like about the uei leads is how stuff they get in the cold.

Post Likes
    Lol, thankfully it doesn’t get too cold in Los Angeles so I haven’t experienced the stiffness issue with the UEI

Post Likes
    Fluke TL224 Leads, with TP175 twist lock test probes.

Post Likes
    I like the UEI meter with the FieldPiece meter leads.

The fieldpiece leads are so much better quality and do not get tangled up as easily.

Every Fieldpiece electronic device I have owned has died and I refuse to get another one. But I did like the look and feel of them. Not sure why, but the UEI stuff just keeps working. I can be rough on tools.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Post Likes
    I'm like 80% sure if you pull on the plastic "safety" portion, it will remove and show you the entire lead.....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in