Post Likes

Heat pump heating mode chart

At one time one of you posted a chart for heat pumps in the heating mode that had information on target split based on ODA temperature as well as a slew of other information. It also had some information on discharge temperature over ambient. I was trying to find it again to no avail. Please post it if you have it.

Thanks

Jim
    JLB,

Post Likes
    P.M. rundawg

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    At one time one of you posted a chart for heat pumps in the heating mode that had information on target split based on ODA temperature as well as a slew of other information. It also had some information on discharge temperature over ambient. I was trying to find it again to no avail. Please post it if you have it.

Thanks

Jim

I copied this long ago posted by Kevin O'Neill

"here is a chart. this gives temperature rise, ie: if the return is 70 degrees, how much warmer the supply air is coming off the indoor unit.

OD TEMP TEMP RISE
    65 33
    60 31
    55 29
    50 27
    45 25
    40 23
    35 21
    30 19
    25 17
    20 15
    15 13

The temp rise is plus or minus 2 degrees at any given outdoor temperature. This assumes 400 CFM per ton. Lower air flow will give yoe a higher rise, higher air flow will give you a lower rise. Note that this is at the indoor unit discharge about 6 feet from the indoor unit to allow for air mixing.

Hope this helps."
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I copied this long ago posted by Kevin O'Neill

"here is a chart. this gives temperature rise, ie: if the return is 70 degrees, how much warmer the supply air is coming off the indoor unit.

OD TEMP TEMP RISE
    65 33
    60 31
    55 29
    50 27
    45 25
    40 23
    35 21
    30 19
    25 17
    20 15
    15 13

The temp rise is plus or minus 2 degrees at any given outdoor temperature. This assumes 400 CFM per ton. Lower air flow will give yoe a higher rise, higher air flow will give you a lower rise. Note that this is at the indoor unit discharge about 6 feet from the indoor unit to allow for air mixing.

Hope this helps."
    Thanks, that was part of the chart for sure. Hopfully somone reads this and has the rest.
    JLB,

Post Likes

Thanks

Jim
    Is this because of the email I sent through the MQ app on the 24th?
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    This may help.

https://dms.hvacpartners.com/docs/10...0e/38-12xa.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    This may help.

https://dms.hvacpartners.com/docs/10...0e/38-12xa.pdf

That was helpful for other reasons, thanks. Not what I was looking for though.
    JLB,

Post Likes

Post Likes

Thanks

Jim
    Jim,

In addition to what was already posed here there is the 110 degrees over ambient at the outdoor vapor line. (big pipe)

There is also a calculation based on the outdoor temp and the SST of the outdoor unit, can't find it right now, but someone else may chime in here with it.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Post Likes

Thanks

Jim

I know I have talked to you before about this. This was a while back and you said you were working on getting super heat and sub cooling values for heat pump mode. This is a chart I received from a teacher of a class I took, and it’s one of the most value tools I own. This chart is so accurate, it’s unreal. I keep those two sided laminated charts in my tool bag. This chart doesn’t care about the pressures, just saturation temps based off outdoor ambient temperature. I find it easy to follow. If both saturation temps line right up, it’s good. If the saturation temps are a little higher, it’s good. If the saturation temps are both low, most likely low charge. If one saturation temp is right and the other is low, looking like a reversing valve, txv, or orifice restriction. Of course there is nothing like checking the charge in ac mode to be the most accurate but this will do a great job.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JTCHVAC View Post

I know I have talked to you before about this. This was a while back and you said you were working on getting super heat and sub cooling values for heat pump mode. This is a chart I received from a teacher of a class I took, and it’s one of the most value tools I own. This chart is so accurate, it’s unreal. I keep those two sided laminated charts in my tool bag. This chart doesn’t care about the pressures, just saturation temps based off outdoor ambient temperature. I find it easy to follow. If both saturation temps line right up, it’s good. If the saturation temps are a little higher, it’s good. If the saturation temps are both low, most likely low charge. If one saturation temp is right and the other is low, looking like a reversing valve, txv, or orifice restriction. Of course there is nothing like checking the charge in ac mode to be the most accurate but this will do a great job.

Thanks, that is the one. I found the same. I wanted to test our outputs against it to see how they line up.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Hey, I had asked previously about using a heat pump for outdoor makeup air reheat instead of gas or electric. No one seemed to understand what I was trying to do, but this chart would help me develop that further.