+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Canvas / flexible conectors

Post Likes

Canvas / flexible conectors

looking for a good source for canvas / flexible connector in an add size. i can work with something that is 1 1/2" 1 1/2" or 2" and 1 1/2"- that is metal canvas metal. can find anything in that size anywhere. most have 3" of canvas in the middle and I only have about 4.50" to work with maybe 5". any input will be great

Post Likes
    Like we did in the old days, make it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy1949 View Post
    Like we did in the old days, make it
    It starts looking like that is going to be my only way. This is when I miss my old man as he was one of the "old days" HVAC guys and will whip one out from nowhere.

Post Likes
    Trim the metal down to 1" on each side. I don't think you will destroy any "listing" or standard in doing so. Then you would have a peice that is 5" wide instead of 7".
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    Can you cut back either the duct ends or the metal edges of the available rag-joint material to get to where you need to be? Or both?

PHM
    --------------

Quote Originally Posted by adamf79 View Post
    looking for a good source for canvas / flexible connector in an add size. i can work with something that is 1 1/2" 1 1/2" or 2" and 1 1/2"- that is metal canvas metal. can find anything in that size anywhere. most have 3" of canvas in the middle and I only have about 4.50" to work with maybe 5". any input will be great
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by David Goodman View Post
    Trim the metal down to 1" on each side. I don't think you will destroy any "listing" or standard in doing so. Then you would have a peice that is 5" wide instead of 7".

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Can you cut back either the duct ends or the metal edges of the available rag-joint material to get to where you need to be? Or both?

PHM
    --------------
    That was the plan untill I re mesure yesturday and I only have about 4" to work with. So now im tryint to figure out and see how I can do this. Maybe do 1" metal on one end. and bent it to sit on the top of the coil flange. then 3" canvis and 1" for s connection. should be total of 4.5" .5" shoudl be that big of the deal.

Post Likes
    what will a wrinkle hurt

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Galt View Post
    what will a wrinkle hurt
    Will be right above the case coil don't want to restrict too much of airflow.

Post Likes
    Don’t most systems require 24 or36” of straight pipe before bends, takeoffs, transition?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Don’t most systems require 24 or36” of straight pipe before bends, takeoffs, transition?
    Never hear off. Lol 😆

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by adamf79 View Post
    Will be right above the case coil don't want to restrict too much of airflow.
    Wrinkle is fine. Could you make it to slip on the outside of the existing duct not using s/drives , just screws & mastic .

Post Likes
    What’s the point of using the flex if you are just going to pull it so taught that it’s basically hard?

Cut back the metal so that you have a 5” finished flex duct then insert it into that 4” space. It will work like it is supposed to and isolate the vibrations from the unit. It will also be much easier to install. That’s your solution and it also happens to be standard practice so win-win for everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in