Thread: Wood to gas

Post Likes

Wood to gas

I dont usually post and this is probably not rhe absolute best job but i was bored. Customer had an outdoor wood boiler and was getting older and didnt want to deal with it. The space was super limited and we moved the 40gal elec water heater out of this closet to put in the propane boiler. This was in the middle of nowhere and i think it came out descent

'The more you know, the more you realize you don't know'

2. Likes 20below liked this post
    Post Likes
    all your nice copper work and it goes to the blue pex i hate that stuff i will always use copper when my clients allow it pex is for those who don't want to learn the craft of soldering or pro press etc

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    all your nice copper work and it goes to the blue pex i hate that stuff i will always use copper when my clients allow it pex is for those who don't want to learn the craft of soldering or pro press etc
    Yeah,,, unfortunatly when we relocated the tank type water heater, the tank was placed 15' away and we needed to fish the water line through a ceiling. That wasnt going to happen with copper.

Post Likes
    I agree. Where does the condensate pump's discharge go?

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    I dont usually post and this is probably not rhe absolute best job but i was bored. Customer had an outdoor wood boiler and was getting older and didnt want to deal with it. The space was super limited and we moved the 40gal elec water heater out of this closet to put in the propane boiler. This was in the middle of nowhere and i think it came out descent

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I agree. Where does the condensate pump's discharge go?

PHM
    ---------
    Runs to a laundry tub 15' away

Post Likes
    i would fish the copper so many feet at a time tied to the pex snake it can be done

Post Likes
    Is your 3/4 pvc mechanically fastened to the drain outlet or is it just pushed up into it?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    Yeah,,, unfortunatly when we relocated the tank type water heater, the tank was placed 15' away and we needed to fish the water line through a ceiling. That wasnt going to happen with copper.

It'll happen with Fostapex though, which looks nicer. What are the blank copper stubs for?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    It'll happen with Fostapex though, which looks nicer. What are the blank copper stubs for?
    The stubs are part of the manifold and are capped. They are there for an indirect, if you use an indirect you can cut the capped copper and pipe 1" off the stubs so it would be on the primary loop. The primary loop, secondary loop and indirect pump are all controlled by the boiler. With a call for indirect, it will energize the indirect pump and de-energize the secondary loop pump providing priority.

11. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Is your 3/4 pvc mechanically fastened to the drain outlet or is it just pushed up into it?
    The boiler has a 1/2 mpt, the 3/4 pvc connects to a pvx 1/2fm x 3/4 glue to a coupling. We also add a tee or drill a hole in the top of the horozontal 90 to create a vented drain. If the 3/4 falls below water level of the pump it would be a double trap and the unit would not drain. The hole prevents this...