Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Ok. Well this is coming from someone with 24 years experience. Some battles are worth fighting and some arent. Just some advice from a seasoned vet. While you are wasting time complaining about work clearances and whatever else, someone will be smiling and doing the work.

Sure I ***** and moan about certain things from time to time. But one thing you never want to do is let your customer see that disgust. Always make them feel like they have the most professional and well done work done in their house. Some people take it personal, as if you were saying their carpet was ugly.
    I understand it’s not good to make a customer feel like they have something crappy installed on their house and when I come across stuff like that I don’t sit on a bucket and complain about the extra screws I have to remove or that I have to break a saw out. Although like the picture I posted above, I had to have that talk with the customer as to why my price was going to be more and why I was going to cut out a section of his wall. There was no way I could explain that without saying “had they not installed in this way...”

I wouldn’t want every job to be easy, I enjoy the challenges of the trade but I also feel like when things are done horribly wrong that has caused unnecessary problems to the equipment or home then they should be aware of it and it should be pointed out as to why it happened and what it will take to do it correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by UrAverageAguy View Post
    I understand it’s not good to make a customer feel like they have something crappy installed on their house and when I come across stuff like that I don’t sit on a bucket and complain about the extra screws I have to remove or that I have to break a saw out. Although like the picture I posted above, I had to have that talk with the customer as to why my price was going to be more and why I was going to cut out a section of his wall. There was no way I could explain that without saying “had they not installed in this way...”

I wouldn’t want every job to be easy, I enjoy the challenges of the trade but I also feel like when things are done horribly wrong that has caused unnecessary problems to the equipment or home then they should be aware of it and it should be pointed out as to why it happened and what it will take to do it correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No demo of any walls is necessary nor any harm to the equipment is present in this case. Only a nuisance to our fatasses.

Post Likes
    Sometimes you have to put the thing the best place you can. This is obviously and install done after the house is built. These are the cards you are dealt-play them.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Post Likes
    I think if I were to come across that job I would charge the customer accordingly and then hire Adlerbert's-protege to do it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

5. Likes UrAverageAguy liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    I think if I were to come across that job I would charge the customer accordingly and then hire Adlerbert's-protege to do it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Yep. Just bid it high and I will smile all the way to the bank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12