Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Sprinter

Post Likes
    I thought the Sprinters had issues with the transmissions or something?

Post Likes
    My GVW is 8550. Actual weight is 8300. You will NOT get anywhere near 18/22 mpg even with a diesel like I have. maybe 12 highway, based on my last fill up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    My GVW is 8550. Actual weight is 8300. You will NOT get anywhere near 18/22 mpg even with a diesel like I have. maybe 12 highway, based on my last fill up.

I have at least 2000 lbs in my Sprinter, so that puts me at 7600 lbs. Currently I am getting 17.9 city, which I can put a screen shot up. My best highway is 22.4 going from Tampa to Naples, 180 miles of interstate.

Do you do your own maintenance?

4. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    As you can see from the average MPH what I get in city MPG. My Ford averaged about 10 MPG.

6. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    As you can see from the average MPH what I get in city MPG. My Ford averaged about 10 MPG.

Pretty decent

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Weigh it down. Add another 1000 or so pounds. It drops off QUICK!

side note - im starting to get chrome/copper chips in the tranny fluid after 104K miles.

Post Likes
    Weigh it down. Add another 1000 or so pounds. It drops off QUICK!

side note - im starting to get chrome/copper chips in the tranny fluid after 104K miles.
    Have u been on the Sprinter forum?

Post Likes
    Yes. Not recently though. Why?

Post Likes
    Yes. Not recently though. Why?

Couple sharp guys over there, that would probably know what the chrome copper is from.

lindenengineering (Dennis) is really sharp.

Post Likes
    I already know - transmission thrust bearing. because the truck is at max weight all the time, and the GCVW has been exceeded a few times with a trailer it has been determined that this transmission is on borrowed time.

Post Likes
    I already know - transmission thrust bearing. because the truck is at max weight all the time, and the GCVW has been exceeded a few times with a trailer it has been determined that this transmission is on borrowed time.
    I have the 100K ELW with 100K maintenance. I sell mine at about 60 to 65K mileage while still under warranty, it brings top dollar.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    I have the 100K ELW with 100K maintenance. I sell mine at about 60 to 65K mileage while still under warranty, it brings top dollar.
    That's what they told me, too. They didnt offer that in 2013 (the warranty). But, a $3k transmission is still far less than a $62k truck. In fact, almost ANY repair is still worth the cost. The truck is still in VG condition by the insurance company and the dealer rates it at a $32k trade-in.

Im doing ok.

Post Likes
    That's what they told me, too. They didnt offer that in 2013 (the warranty). But, a $3k transmission is still far less than a $62k truck. In fact, almost ANY repair is still worth the cost. The truck is still in VG condition by the insurance company and the dealer rates it at a $32k trade-in.

Im doing ok.

I sold my 2014 in July of last year for 24.5K with 62K on the clock. The 2014 listed for 42.6k plus TTT, I paid 36.1k plus ttt. The local volume dealer here in Tampa will discount heavy on ordered Sprinters. So my cost to flip every three years is very low.

Never have a problem selling a used Sprinter, I always have a list of buyers.

BTW, when I picked up the 2018 the 100K ELW was free in a promotion, I paid for the 100K maintenance.

16. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast