Post Likes

Correct Venting system for a Heat-n-Glo Cosmo I30 insert-newbie

I have a new to me Cosmo I30 gas insert and I am looking to find the correct option for the pipes through the chimney. The existing fireplace is plumbed for gas. The best option I have found was the DuraVent 46DVA-CL33P vent kit and I would like to make sure it is the correct item before I purchase it.

Most of the HnG dealers do not want anything to do with a previously used unit and my experience hasn't been as positive as I would like. It will be installed by a licensed HVAC contractor.

A few details, this was manufactured in August 2013 and was removed by a dealer replacing it with a larger model of a different brand. He was gracious to let me know that the unit is in good shape, had been properly serviced and was in good working order. Since he doesn't work with HnG, he referred me to a contractor.

Any ideas? I also need the metal backing plate surround to fill the gap of the fireplace opening and the firebox., probably the Medium 42" x 30",

Any input will be appreciated.

Post Likes
    Look on Heat N Glo's website for the manual.

Search the Internet for manual and parts.

Installing a used fuel burning appliance in another household is not something many people would do. There is no warranty should there be an issue and there is no guarantee it will work.

Hope all is just as you have been told and it all goes well.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    I have researched the manual and it refers to a LINK-DV4-30B. Searching the internet, this pulls up data for the Majestic Ruby model. The DuraVent model appears to have the identical formatting/configuration. How can I find out the difference or if they are both correct?

I know these are specialized items that aren’t in the box stores.

Post Likes
    You should only use venting specified by the manufacture, your installer should know this and should follow mfg. Specified venting configurations exactly, improperly installed venting can be dangerous at worst, at best you'll have a fireplace that never works properly.