Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Ill just bet there were soot marks on the side walk going into the house and the smell of soot in the air. You can catch these driving down the road looking at the black around the flues in the roof

Post Likes
    Rentals and oil heat..... like mixing oil and water.

Post Likes
    had one like that yr or two ago, multiple resets spraying oil. what a mess.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes
    i think she is done got more rust then i care to see and all that time no one noticed it did not sound right ?

Post Likes
    First thing my land lord does is shut down the oil furnaces and puts in direct vent wall furnaces on NG much easier to take care of and then the tenant can set it as hot as he or she likes they pay the gas bill
    Win win

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by David Goodman View Post
    I like to know what vac you used for that mess.
    Yes. Had a lady neighbor a few houses away with a sooted boiler. I told her if she was up for it she could save a ton of money by not watching me clean a sooted vac filter outside every five minutes. "Sure" she said. I swung back a few hours later and we snagged a pic of her looking like a chimney sweep. Talk about black face!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennhvac View Post
    Yes. Had a lady neighbor a few houses away with a sooted boiler. I told her if she was up for it she could save a ton of money by not watching me clean a sooted vac filter outside every five minutes. "Sure" she said. I swung back a few hours later and we snagged a pic of her looking like a chimney sweep. Talk about black face!
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennhvac View Post
    Was going to say the same thing about the face, but political correctness stopped me.

Reminds me of cleaning my old landlords 30yr old boilers for some rent reductions. After cleaning 9 small boilers i would of rather just paid the rent. The soot followed me for days. I swear that's stuff has got to be one of the worst things in this business.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12