+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Work in Progress

Post Likes

Work in Progress

NTI VM110P combi. 2 zone in floor. DHW still needs to be piped. Thing has been running for a few months. Heats a 80x60 shop with offices. Just hums along mostly on low fire.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. Likes dbacmc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    May want to check manufacturers instructions on the venting. Not sure a concentric is approved.

Post Likes
    Yes it is why wouldn't it be?

Post Likes
    Wiring could be neater. The regulator is not installed properly, maxitrol doesn’t allow any fittings between vent limited and regulator.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnasty View Post
    Wiring could be neater. The regulator is not installed properly, maxitrol doesn’t allow any fittings between vent limited and regulator.
    Please explain. You know the vent limiter has to be installed upright to work? If installed without a fitting in that orientation, the vent limiter won't operate correctly.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The are 2 1/8 inch street 90s then the vent limiter. It may not be by the book but it works and I don't see a problem with it. Other manufacturers do this so I thought I'd give it a try before venting it outside.

Post Likes
    Looks good, my only beef would be the placement of the switching relay panel where it could easily see water damage down the road, but it looks like they shoved you tight into a corner so I bet you didnt have much choice. How do you like that exp tank hanger? I haven't used that style, but I saw them in the book.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Post Likes
    Just checking. Some manufacturers prohibit them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelbaron View Post
    Looks good, my only beef would be the placement of the switching relay panel where it could easily see water damage down the road, but it looks like they shoved you tight into a corner so I bet you didnt have much choice. How do you like that exp tank hanger? I haven't used that style, but I saw them in the book.
    Tank hanger is a shelve bracket from Menards.

Post Likes
    Still find it almost amazing that this heats the building. Engineer had speced a unit about twice the size. This is for our shop we made provisions for adding supplemental heat with a gas fired unit heater or some IR tube heaters. We don't have a OA temp sensor set up yet so no reset. Water temp is set at 90* and it held the building at 60* while the OA temp was -30f. Think the engineer needs to check his math.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    Please explain. You know the vent limiter has to be installed upright to work? If installed without a fitting in that orientation, the vent limiter won't operate correctly.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    Correct, the vent limiter has to be in the upright position. Maxitrol also does not want you adding fittings between the limiter and the regulator. Therefore you cannot install the 325 series with a vent limiter in any other orientation than horizontal with the limiter on top.

Post Likes
    that looks like a lot of work ..... nice job !

holding the building at 60 when it is - 30 outside is good ....

Post Likes
    Is there a technical reason your not suppose put a elbow on a limiter? I know they say not to.

Post Likes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in