Post Likes

Question Invensys MNL-800 Programming/Intergration

Hi all, new guy on the block here. I am a controls/BAS technician that is working on integrating an MNL-800 into a Trane SC and Ensemble system. Due to some of the original programming on the MNL-800, it requires us to do some reprogramming on the controller. Utilizing Workplace Tech 5.9.2 I have successfully built a program that will fit our needs and the customer's needs, but I can not seem to be able to successfully download the new programming onto the controller. The controller "successfully" accepts the program, but when I retrieve the program off of the controller all the inputs and outputs are moved to the outter edges of the programming sheet and all of the linking between blocks is vanished. Below is a screenshot of the program after it's been downloaded to the controller and then retrieved off of it again:

Name:  No_Linking.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  92.8 KB

Here is the programming that is being sent to the controller "successfully:"

Name:  Updated_Program.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  101.2 KB

Any help in understanding why this would be happening would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Post Likes
    Uploading with WP tech is a mess.

What do you see when you go to commission the controller? Are the links still there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The version of Visio and Visio service pack is very specific for each version of WPT. Get the document for your version and follow it to the letter. Don’t assume that a newer service pack will work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguy158 View Post
    Uploading with WP tech is a mess.

What do you see when you go to commission the controller? Are the links still there?
    Bigguy,
    These are older LON controllers and the commissioning tool states that it is unable to work due to them being LON. From my little experience with WPT, I believe commissioning is only for the bacnet controllers. Does that sound right?

Quote Originally Posted by theoldman View Post
    The version of Visio and Visio service pack is very specific for each version of WPT. Get the document for your version and follow it to the letter. Don’t assume that a newer service pack will work.
    Theoldman,
    Interesting that you say that! 5.9.2, according to the below link, appears to accept up to Visio 2016 and specifically only 32-bit version. I believe I'm using the latest Visio, which would be the Office365 rendition (locally installed, not cloud based). I'll see about changing to another version and check my success.

exchangecommunity.schneider-electric.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/WorkPlace-Tech-5-8-x-and-5-9-x-Operating-System-and-Microsoft/ta-p/6648

Post Likes
    Jacob, my email is in my profile, shoot me one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    Jacob, my email is in my profile, shoot me one.
    Email sent, thanks.

Post Likes
    You can commission LON controllers, it works fine at WP 5.8. Hopefully Joey can help you further.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    There is nothing wrong with the MNL Lon controllers. They work perfectly and there is no issue with commissioning them. WPT is an application that works with the Lon controllers ( MN and MNL) and the bacnet controllers (MNB). You just have to setup communications accordingly.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguy158 View Post
    You can commission LON controllers, it works fine at WP 5.8. Hopefully Joey can help you further.
    Quote Originally Posted by theoldman View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the MNL Lon controllers. They work perfectly and there is no issue with commissioning them. WPT is an application that works with the Lon controllers ( MN and MNL) and the bacnet controllers (MNB). You just have to setup communications accordingly.
    Got it, so that must be user error - obviously. I'll have to do some more tinkering with WPT. Would the controller have to be commissioned in order to download a new program to it if all that was being changed was logic, not input/outputs?

Post Likes
    So I'm attempting to recommission this MNL-800 and I can't find out how to do so. Performed multiple Google queries, all which resulted in nothing. WPT 5.9.2 has a commissioning section, but it states "WorkPlace commissioning and flow balance tools are not supported when LonWorks communication is selected." I can access the VAV and MNL-800's, pull their programs off, etc but unable to commission anything. Any suggestions to that?

I'm using WPT 5.9.2, by the way.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob90 View Post
    So I'm attempting to recommission this MNL-800 and I can't find out how to do so. Performed multiple Google queries, all which resulted in nothing. WPT 5.9.2 has a commissioning section, but it states "WorkPlace commissioning and flow balance tools are not supported when LonWorks communication is selected." I can access the VAV and MNL-800's, pull their programs off, etc but unable to commission anything. Any suggestions to that?

I'm using WPT 5.9.2, by the way.
    I think I found my answer: The revision for the MNL-800's is a physical chip on the board itself. In order to upgrade the revision a new chip has to replace the old. Does that sound correct?

All the MNL-800s I am working with are V0.0 and I'm attempting to use WPT 5.9.2 to program them, I believe this is where my problems lies.

Post Likes
    They are setup with WPT 3.2, you have to upgrade them to the current version.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned