+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whirlpool unit acting up.

Post Likes

Whirlpool unit acting up.

Has anyone else encountered this? Gas furnace,the inducer fan motor will run fine for up to a few weeks and the loose voltage and the relay will click. The board has been replaced and that did'nt fix it. Unplug the the fan and that did'nt help. Voltage is good,all the limit switches are working properly. the unit will be running properly and then all of a sudden the voltage to the inducer fan will drop and the relay will be clicking.

Post Likes
    Checked the low voltage transformer ?

Post Likes
    I'm sorry, color me confused.

As i get this, on a limited basis, the inducer will not run. When this happens the relay on the board will click but there will be no power to the inducer. Do you have an analog meter to see if the voltage is pulsing with the relay clicks? Have you been able to check inputs into the board when it does this? What are the model/serial#s?

Post Likes
    You sure the relay is "clicking" or is it the inducer motor doin it. Wire connections at the motor are tied right to the very fine wire of the motor windings. This sounds like something I have seen before, check the motor

Post Likes
    It is the relay clicking. Low voltage is good. No voltage pulsing. Called whirlpool tech support and they are stumped.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in