Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacskills View Post
    somewhat perplexed by this question ... obviously the more time and material spent on a job the higher the final cost to the customer ... so is the question ' why did you not rip off your customer and sell them something they did not have to have like I obviously would have ? " ... then the answet is no, I informed the customer that the condensate pump and tubing did not have to be replaced at that time, gave them a price for doing so, however they chose not to replace the pump or tubing ... can not say for sure, because I do not remember, but knowing me I probably at least took apart the pump / check valve, and cleaned it anyhow, at no extra charge most likely ... probably put a few drops of oil on the motor too, even though those are oil less motors

are you finished trolling, troll?
    Is that a fixed basement window?

I am not used to seeing unused outlets on furnaces. That is against local code in many places and every company I have worked for had a policy against it.

I am also surprised to see old condensate tubing left on new installs. Again that has been a no-no with every company I have worked for.

I am also surprised to hear on a new install someone would tear down a condensate pump and oil the motor.

I also never heard of a simple install taking several weeks for an occupied house. Just sayin.

Was the job inspected?

On a side note does it matter to you that Edmund Burke did not say that line in your signature? If you think he did could you share where he did say it?
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGTROLL View Post
    Is that a fixed basement window?

I am not used to seeing unused outlets on furnaces. That is against local code in many places and every company I have worked for had a policy against it.

I am also surprised to see old condensate tubing left on new installs. Again that has been a no-no with every company I have worked for.

I am also surprised to hear on a new install someone would tear down a condensate pump and oil the motor.

I also never heard of a simple install taking several weeks for an occupied house. Just sayin.

Was the job inspected?

On a side note does it matter to you that Edmund Burke did not say that line in your signature? If you think he did could you share where he did say it?
    you have asked enough questions troll, my turn .... in what kind of existence do you think somebody on the internet, who you will never meet, nor ever care for or will ever care for you, has to answer to you about anything ?

you are nothing but a troll, I know it, you know it, anyone who has followed this thread knows it ... it was obvious as soon as you brought up ARP posts on this thread

the funniest part however, is you obviously consider yourself a somewhat intelligent person .. and you just got bested by a high school drop out, that is priceless ...

Post Likes
    you have asked enough questions troll, my turn .... in what kind of twisted existence do you think somebody on the internet, who you will never meet, nor ever care for or will ever care for you, has to answer to you about anything ?

you are nothing but a troll, I know it, you know it, anyone who has followed this thread knows it ... it was obvious as soon as you brought up ARP posts on this thread

the funniest part however, is you obviously consider yourself a somewhat intelligent person .. and you just got bested by a high school drop out, that is priceless ...
    Is the window a fixed window?

Has the job been inspected?

You put it out there for critique and praise and I have done both. By your own admission you have thought about things I brought up for seemingly the first time.

What is wrong with these questions?

Post Likes
    you have asked enough questions troll, my turn .... in what kind of existence do you think somebody on the internet, who you will never meet, nor ever care for or will ever care for you, has to answer to you about anything ?

Why don't you start a thread with a poll? The poll question is on a new install do you clean the condensate pump and oil it or replace it? How about a separate one and ask if you reuse old condensate tubing?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Is the window a fixed window?

Has the job been inspected?

You put it out there for critique and praise and I have done both. By your own admission you have thought about things I brought up for seemingly the first time.

What is wrong with these questions?
    you are nothing but a troll trying to start trouble

it is none of your business whether or not the customer wanted to spend the extra money replacing the condensate pump and / or tubing, imagine the customer figured the money saved could be better spent buying some plants, she wasn't charged so how is this any of you business, not that it would be even if she was

it is none of your business how long a job takes, PERIOD ... who are you to even remotely think that it is, are you serious ?

not only that, you keep asking whether or not that is a fixed window, this is additional proof you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about .... there is only one reason you would be asking that, MINIMUM DISTANCE, which on a two pipe system is 12 ", even if the window is not fixed

as far as never giving thought to the outlet, I am sure it has crossed my mind whether or not someone would plug something into it and trip the breaker, figured they would have common sense not to do so, perhaps people do not have common sense in your neck of the woods, they do in mine ..... I just never gave thought to how I would counter a troll on the internet regarding it ...... I imagine the larger concern is having the furnace on the same circuit as lighting, or an outlet located elsewhere, when killing power to the furnace circuit breaker would cause something somewhere else to shut off, or possibly inadvertently overload the circuit .... not that I have to explain this to you, but just to prove your assertions are wrong that no thought was ever given

further, you state that you gave both critique and praise, that is a LIE, name the praise ? not that I care, but your intention has been to harass, insult, besmear and besmirch and you followed from ARP to do so

lastly, then you continue on to assign motive, as to what was discussed between me and the customer, what I did or did not know, and what my intentions were, when at best could only be / IS speculative on your part .... that proves your intent, your intent to insult, harass, besmear and besmirch, and to start trouble ... you are nothing but a TROLL on the internet, END OF STORY

Post Likes
    you are nothing but a troll trying to start trouble

it is none of your business whether or not the customer wanted to spend the extra money replacing the condensate pump and / or tubing, imagine the customer figured the money saved could be better spent buying some plants, she wasn't charged so how is this any of you business, not that it would be even if she was

it is none of your business how long a job takes, PERIOD ... who are you to even remotely think that it is, are you serious ?

not only that, you keep asking whether or not that is a fixed window, this is additional proof you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about .... there is only one reason you would be asking that, MINIMUM DISTANCE, which on a two pipe system is 12 ", even if the window is not fixed

as far as never giving thought to the outlet, I am sure it has crossed my mind whether or not someone would plug something into it and trip the breaker, figured they would have common sense not to do so, perhaps people do not have common sense in your neck of the woods, they do in mine ..... I just never gave thought to how I would counter a troll on the internet regarding it ...... I imagine the larger concern is having the furnace on the same circuit as lighting, or an outlet located elsewhere, when killing power to the furnace circuit breaker would cause something somewhere else to shut off, or possibly inadvertently overload the circuit .... not that I have to explain this to you, but just to prove your assertions are wrong that no thought was ever given

further, you state that you gave both critique and praise, that is a LIE, name the praise ? not that I care, but your intention has been to harass, insult, besmear and besmirch and you followed from ARP to do so

lastly, then you continue on to assign motive, as to what was discussed between me and the customer, what I did or did not know, and what my intentions were, when at best could only be / IS speculative on your part .... that proves your intent, your intent to insult, harass, besmear and besmirch, and to start trouble ... you are nothing but a TROLL on the internet, END OF STORY

In my first post I said nice work.

When you post something on the internet in a thread where it is normally praised and critiqued is why it is "my business" as you say. It becomes everybody's business as you put it.

I have imagined telling past employers that I decided to keep the old tubing and clean and oil the pump instead of replacing it and I would pay good money to see the looks on their faces. I am sure they would know I was joking and they were being punked. I am not used to seeing things like that on a new install.

Having something else shut off because the furnace is turned off is not the reason not to have extra outlets left on a furnace. That has never been allowed at any company I worked at and was against some local codes where I have worked. I can see how that can be overlooked and not thought about but I am sure some will consider that now after seeing it brought up. You see that is what this site and threads like this are about. You brought up convenience about it before. I have seen homeowners who thought it convenient to plug in a sump pump or dehumidifier and it shut down the system prompting a service call.

You brought up how long it took you to do and you made it part of the conversation at that point. Again I have never heard of a simple changeout of an occupied home taking weeks. JS

People on this site ask about inspections often and that is a good thing. I don't see how that is a poor question or it is something someone would not readily say if it was.

Post Likes
    In my first post I said nice work.

When you post something on the internet in a thread where it is normally praised and critiqued is why it is "my business" as you say. It becomes everybody's business as you put it.
    not to the extent that a person would carry on like you have, a person would say their piece and be done with it, you took it even further by hurling insults making accusations that I did not know how to wire an overflow switch or the different options available, which was untrue and provocative .. in addition to the other insults you hurled and false accusations you made

I have imagined telling past employers that I decided to keep the old tubing and clean and oil the pump instead of replacing it and I would pay good money to see the looks on their faces. I am sure they would know I was joking and they were being punked. I am not used to seeing things like that on a new install.
    again, not a concern of yours at all, as mentioned, the more time and material spent on a job the higher the final price, who am I to tell my customer they have to spend money they do not need to spend to appease some troll on the internet ? any business dealings, decisions made between me and my customers are most definitely not a concern of yours or anybody else .. if you look closely at the tubing you can see that it is not tie strapped completely, had half the notion to replace it, but there were already several extras that were done that were not included in the original bid that were not paid for so unless the customer was going to pay for it then it was not going to get done ... at that point the concern for the customer became buying plants and having me install her back faucet and then punching a hole through the brick to install a dryer vent that she never had

Having something else shut off because the furnace is turned off is not the reason not to have extra outlets left on a furnace. That has never been allowed at any company I worked at and was against some local codes where I have worked. I can see how that can be overlooked and not thought about but I am sure some will consider that now after seeing it brought up. You see that is what this site and threads like this are about. You brought up convenience about it before. I have seen homeowners who thought it convenient to plug in a sump pump or dehumidifier and it shut down the system prompting a service call.
    you made your concern known it should have been dropped 20 posts ago

You brought up how long it took you to do and you made it part of the conversation at that point. Again I have never heard of a simple changeout of an occupied home taking weeks.
    this is unequivocally not a concern of yours at all, PERIOD

People on this site ask about inspections often and that is a good thing. I don't see how that is a poor question or it is something someone would not readily say if it was.
    never said it was a poor question you are just not someone I am going to answer to
    Last edited by hvacskills; 03-22-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Post Likes
    not to the extent that a person would carry on like you have, a person would say their piece and be done with it, you took it even further by hurling insults making accusations that I did not know how to wire an overflow switch or the different options available, which was untrue and provocative .. in addition to the other insults you hurled and false accusations you made

again, not a concern of yours at all, as mentioned, the more time and material spent on a job the higher the final price, who am I to tell my customer they have to spend money they do not need to spend to appease some troll on the internet ? any business dealings, decisions made between me and my customers are most definitely not a concern of yours or anybody else .. if you look closely at the tubing you can see that it is not tie strapped completely, had half the notion to replace it, but there were already several extras that were done that were not included in the original bid that were not paid for so unless the customer was going to pay for it then it was not going to get done ... at that point the concern for the customer became buying plants and having me install her back faucet and then punching a hole through the brick to install a dryer vent that she never had

you made your concern known it should have been dropped 20 posts ago

this is unequivocally not a concern of yours at all, PERIOD

never said it was a poor question you are just not someone I am going to answer to
    I was done with it then you brought it back more than a month later.

I asked how you would wire the switch and you responded the way I thought you would.

You post it to share and invite comments so that makes it my business. You don't have to respond. If you don't want comments on your work don't post it.

It would have been dropped 20 posts ago but you made more comments about it so I decided to respond again my friend.

Again you made it a point of how long the job took so again open to comments.

You said I have assigned motive when you have done the same. Par for the course for you it seems.

Again in case you missed it that is not a quote from Edmund Burke. Many people make that mistake.

Post Likes
    I was done with it then you brought it back more than a month later.

I asked how you would wire the switch and you responded the way I thought you would.
    I responded as to how the switch would be wired if you did not want condensate leaking on the floor, just because you have your own personal preference about cutting off the AC but not the heat does not mean I ' responded the way you thought I would ' as if it was incorrect somehow ... not to mention you should have apologized once you were informed the customer did no want either to be cut off

Again you made it a point of how long the job took so again open to comments.
    once again, not any concern of your what so ever, you do not run my business, you do not pay my bills, you do not know anything about anything as to what or how I do my jobs or what area my business is focused in, nor did you take the time to inquire to find out like any decent person would have done if they wondered, why ? which was actually explained early on in the thread

You said I have assigned motive when you have done the same. Par for the course for you it seems.
    you are a troll, everyone knows that, you are making accusations about me that are false, big difference .... and if you were not a troll, trying to cause trouble, then why would you post any previous comments from ARP ?

now, do you mind not ruining my thread any further than you already ruined it ? I do know this, there is no way I would ever go onto somebody elses thread and try to argue and carry on with them the way that you have
    Last edited by hvacskills; 03-22-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Post Likes
    I responded as to how the switch would be wired if you did not want condensate leaking on the floor, just because you have your own personal preference about cutting off the AC but not the heat does not mean I ' responded the way you thought I would ' as if it was incorrect somehow ... not to mention you should have apologized once you were informed the customer did no want either to be cut off

once again, not any concern of your what so ever, you do not run my business, you do not pay my bills, you do not know anything about anything as to what or how I do my jobs or what area my business is focused in, nor did you take the time to inquire to find out like any decent person would have done if they wondered, why ? which was actually explained early on in the thread

you are a troll, everyone knows that, you are making accusations about me that are false, big difference ....

now, do you mind not ruining my thread any further than you already ruined it ? I do know this, there is no way I would ever go onto somebody elses thread and try to argue and carry on with them the way that you have

You would have wired the switch the way I thought you would have. No apologies needed from me. I didn't say it was wrong. Leaving people without heat can be very costly.

Again you brought up how long it took you to do a simple changeout in an occupied house. That opened it up for discussion. I guess that was an example of your common sense that since a job was far away from you that you decided to do it in several trips over several weeks. YOU were the one that said the homeowner was upset about that.

Stop responding to my posts or referring to me and I will stop posting in this thread. I was done with it well over a month ago.

I hope you have learned something but I doubt it.

Post Likes
    You would have wired the switch the way I thought you would have. No apologies needed from me. I didn't say it was wrong. Leaving people without heat can be very costly.
    no, I responded how you would wire the switch if you did not want condensate on the floor, as you can see I wired neither, so your response is FALSE .. of course you do not have it in you to apologize

Again you brought up how long it took you to do a simple changeout in an occupied house. That opened it up for discussion. I guess that was an example of your common sense that since a job was far away from you that you decided to do it in several trips over several weeks. YOU were the one that said the homeowner was upset about that.
    still does not make that a concern of yours, nor did you inquire further as to why which a decent person would have done

Stop responding to my posts or referring to me and I will stop posting in this thread. I was done with it well over a month ago.
    no, going to stick my neck out here and say that is not how that works ... I have asked you several times to leave the thread alone you should be man enough to respect that

I hope you have learned something but I doubt it.
    I learned that I never want to have any sort of exchange with you again

now, once again, do you mind ?
    Last edited by hvacskills; 03-22-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Post Likes
    no, I responded how you would wire the switch if you did not want condensate on the floor, as you can see I wired neither, so your response is FALSE

still does not make that a concern of yours, nor did you inquire further as to why which a decent person would have done

no, going to stick my neck out here and say that is not how that works ... I have asked you several times to leave the thread alone you should be man enough to respect that

I learned that I never want to have any sort of exchange with you again

now, once again, do you mind ?
    You don't seem to understand how the internet works my friend. You post stuff and it is open for comment. You do not get to dictate who and what people say. If you bring something up it is open for discussion.

This thread is not just about you. Other people may see this and I want to point out that certain things that newer people in the trade should think about.

Post Likes
    You don't seem to understand how the internet works my friend. You post stuff and it is open for comment. You do not get to dictate who and what people say. If you bring something up it is open for discussion.

This thread is not just about you. Other people may see this and I want to point out that certain things that newer people in the trade should think about.
    correct, I do not get to dictate who and what other people say, however .... I am sure the moderators reading this thread are not too happy right about now, they expect us members to conduct themselves in a respectful professional manner towards each other and anything less makes the website look bad, embarrassing for them and for all of the other members ... I asked you several times to leave the thread alone yet you refused to do so, you continued on with tubing, condensate pumps and how long the job took, whatever you could gin up to try and start an argument .... any productive conversation ended dozens of posts ago if one was even started at all, probably not considering you opened up the dialog with previous posts from ARP, you have hurled insults and made false accusations for the sake of having an argument, I would never go on another members thread and try to continue an argument once they respectfully asked me not to do so ... if you insist on having the last word have at it

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast