Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No words

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Yes, and those wires should break R or Y.
    The pump in pic has wires connected to the factory switch, looks terribly done.

Sidenote: I wish those pumps had a proper junction box for the switch, instead of 2 wires hanging out. Impossible to make it look good. Little to no room inside the switch cover.... Maybe there is a good way that I don't know about?

2. Likes dbacmc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    The pump in pic has wires connected to the factory switch, looks terribly done.

Sidenote: I wish those pumps had a proper junction box for the switch, instead of 2 wires hanging out. Impossible to make it look good. Little to no room inside the switch cover.... Maybe there is a good way that I don't know about?
    I agree they are cheaply done.

Post Likes
    Also if that pipe extends to below the water line in the pump it is effectively double trapped. Either lose the trap or make sure the pipe stops above the highest water line where the pump's safety switch kicks off.

5. Likes dbacmc liked this post
    Post Likes
    i make up a small plastic junction box for the wires to go in and screw it to the unit or double face tape it if the wires are not long enough looks better then just letting them hang out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12