Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Cost of H.R. 4760

Over the next five years, as it is written H.R. 4760 will cost $200,708,000,000
    Retired, after 43 Years

Post Likes
    Can you break down for me?

What are the line items which will total the $200,708,000,000. ?

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Over the next five years, as it is written H.R. 4760 will cost $200,708,000,000
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    I tried to cut and paste, but no luck. Here's the link. It was referenced from H.R. 4760 for the breakdown, so I'm thinking its official. I tried reading through H.R. 4760, but it's lengthy.

https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.o...ctspending.png
    Retired, after 43 Years

Post Likes
    Is this an increase in costs or are we already paying much of that amount.

Looks like 40 billion a year for the next 5 years. Are we spending 35 billion a year now for an increase of 5 billion a year, or is it an actual additional 40 billion a year?

Looks to me that it's an additional 40 billion a year. But it needs to be clarified.

Post Likes
    Lessee...

About $200B over 5 years...

However illegals are costing something like $120-130B per year...
    (For you lefties that are challenged to think beyond sound bytes: that would be illegals are costing us $500-650B over 5 years)

Looks like a bargain to me!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    **Do you have proof on these figures? I keep seeing different amounts thrown out there, and every couple of weeks a bigger figure is thrown out.

"However illegals are **[costing something like $120-130B per year...]
    (For you lefties that are challenged to think beyond sound bytes: that would be illegals are costing us $500-650B over 5 years)"
    Retired, after 43 Years

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Lessee...

About $200B over 5 years...

However illegals are costing something like $120-130B per year...
    (For you lefties that are challenged to think beyond sound bytes: that would be illegals are costing us $500-650B over 5 years)

Looks like a bargain to me!

Psst.... Hey lefty, your math doesn't add up.

120 -130B/year = 600 - 650B/5 years

Edit: Sorry GA, just poking ya for fun.
    Last edited by Lahrs; 01-16-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    Psst.... Hey lefty, your math doesn't add up.

120 -130B/year = 600 - 650B/5 years

Edit: Sorry GA, just poking ya for fun.
    Yeah... it is not your tax $$$...

Did you hear that your PM bailed out the MSM in Canada...
    A HUGE industry... that operated irresponsibility and are in financial trouble...
    And the polecat bails them out... thus OWNING them.
    Does not sound like a person I would want... making laws I had to follow...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Yeah... it is not your tax $$$...

Did you hear that your PM bailed out the MSM in Canada...
    A HUGE industry... that operated irresponsibility and are in financial trouble...
    And the polecat bails them out... thus OWNING them.
    Does not sound like a person I would want... making laws I had to follow...
    Sounds similar to the US automobile/financial industry.

I'm still butt hurt over the $4.5B failed oil pipeline the government bought!!

I'm not ready to hear anymore bad news

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    Sounds similar to the US automobile/financial industry.

I'm still butt hurt over the $4.5B failed oil pipeline the government bought!!

I'm not ready to hear anymore bad news
    Ya know what happens...

When the govt deficit spends to soften the blow of a business downturn...
    It results in price inflation down the road.

All that... just to buy votes in the short term.

IMO this translates into:
    The lust for power...
    And folks that lust for power... are generally the last ones that should be in power!
    Why...
    Because folks that lust for power... do not care about anything other than the power...
    Which means those promises they make... are not worth the hot air it took to say them.

NEVER trust any polecat!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    **Do you have proof on these figures? I keep seeing different amounts thrown out there, and every couple of weeks a bigger figure is thrown out.

"However illegals are **[costing something like $120-130B per year...]
    (For you lefties that are challenged to think beyond sound bytes: that would be illegals are costing us $500-650B over 5 years)"
    There are many aspects to the cost to the country of illegals. That's probably why different numbers are tossed around.

The cost of social programs, public education, etc is said to cost the country $75k per illegal over their lifetime. Just that cost alone with the number of illegals in the country today is $1.6 trillion dollars. Even if those numbers(number of illegals and cost per illegal) is over estimated, it's a huge cost. Let's cut the number of illegals here in half and cut the estimated cost per illegal down to $40k the cost to the country today with not one single additional crossing the boarder is $440 Billion.

There is no way to argue the lower number.

And that's not the only the cost to taxpayers. It doesn't include things like cost for incarceration and cost to society for drugs, money being sent to other countries, etc.

I actually just read an interesting study from the Center For Immigration Studies. They compiled reports from states themselves. Here is just one example to wrap your head around....

California spent $4.34 Billion dollars in one fiscal year in LOCAL and STATE benefits. No federal. And the cost for public education for children of refugees and amnestied aliens were not included in that cost.

Here is something to think about. That was costs to the state alone. No federal. AND WAS FOR FISCAL YEAR 1993!! That was 26 years ago!!

Florida's numbers were 2.5 Billion in state expenditures!

New York was $5.63 Billion.

That's the States. The Federal numbers are also staggering.

And if you are wondering what tax revenues paid to the state by illegals was which offsets these costs, here are some numbers:

In LA County collected $137 million and paid out $414 million.

Texas illegals paid in $290 million and cost the state $456 million.

San Diego numbers are $60 million collected in taxes and costs were $304 million.
    So the state and counties pay out 2-4 times more than it collects.

And these are numbers for 1993!

I can find more reports if you want. But it's safe to say illegals cost this county hundreds of billions per year. Even the lowest estimates put numbers that high.

Post Likes
    FAIR recently did a study and found that illegals cost the country $135 billion per year with tax revenue only at $15 billion. So a national deficit of $120 Billion per year. And those costs were only for education, welfare, law enforcement and medical. There are other expenses.

Post Likes
    Add on top of those numbers the crime, the drug abuse and costs for treatment for those addicted due to the free flow of narcotics. Then the non financial costs to the country like lower pay for Americans who are competing for jobs. The societal toll it puts on communities and families. The regression of major cities stifling growth and advancement.

Everyone knows the about the cost paid by the black community beciase if left wing policies since the mid 60s. We discuss it here often and show charts of the steady decline of the black community and family to prove the damage it's caused. You know what else happened in the mid 60s? Teddy Kennedy's immigration reform. Low skilled workers flooded our cities taking money and opportunity from the black community. Illegal immigration does the same thing.

Let's also factor in the changing of demographics AND the major effect it has to turn areas more "blue". What's the cost to Americans having more progressive liberals running cities and states other than directly related to illegals. Liberals love raising taxes and spending money foolishly. You can't tell me that California going from a pretty solid red state in 1980 to solid blue today isn't due largely to illegal immigration. Directly or indirectly.

There are so many costs associated to illegal immigration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast