Post Likes

PROTECH 47-102077-05 - Control Board

This control board is in Rheem RH1T4821STANJ air handlers.

The installation manual includes a sequence of operation that does not describe the operation of the control board. I am most interested in the function of the Y1 terminal on the board.

I have searched the internet, but I have not been able to find any technical information on this board.

Any ideas on how to get this information?
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Post Likes
    Nope. But doesn't it just energize the X13 blower speed tap for cooling.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Nope. But doesn't it just energize the X13 blower speed tap for cooling.
    I had inadvertently left the conductor from the Y1 terminal disconnected on a recent new heat pump installation. With a call for heat, the blower started at low speed, then went to high speed after a minute or so. After 10 minutes running on high it dropped back down to low speed.

It was as if the Y1 terminal was sensing that the compressor was not energized, and dropped the speed so that the supply air temperature wouldn't be low when running on electric heat strips only.

I'd like to be able to comfirm this function.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by David Goodman View Post
    I had inadvertently left the conductor from the Y1 terminal disconnected on a recent new heat pump installation. With a call for heat, the blower started at low speed, then went to high speed after a minute or so. After 10 minutes running on high it dropped back down to low speed.

It was as if the Y1 terminal was sensing that the compressor was not energized, and dropped the speed so that the supply air temperature wouldn't be low when running on electric heat strips only.

I'd like to be able to comfirm this function.
    I install York equipment and it's the same way. U gotta land a wire from the outdoor unit on Y at the indoor unit or the blower will default to whatever the continuous fan speed is on the control board. I ran into this a couple times on installs 2 summers ago. The unit would ice up due to the low air flow. I was wiring y from the tstat straight to the outdoor unit instead of the board.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by flanders View Post
    I install York equipment and it's the same way. U gotta land a wire from the outdoor unit on Y at the indoor unit or the blower will default to whatever the continuous fan speed is on the control board. I ran into this a couple times on installs 2 summers ago. The unit would ice up due to the low air flow. I was wiring y from the tstat straight to the outdoor unit instead of the board.
    Precisely what I had done!