Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Thanks bro

Post Likes
    The original battery alone weighs more than any handheld I've ever used.

Post Likes
    The holder is 3 x 2.4 x 0.87 inches. Let me know if that works or not. It may be a shade tall at 2.4".
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    The original battery alone weighs more than any handheld I've ever used.
    Each cell tops out at 50 grams each. The holder is next to nothing. Yeah, it'll be lighter!

Post Likes
    Benny hit the mark. I got a buddy that's messing around with building battery banks with those. they are very versatile, and work well.

Tesla is basically using a version of them for their Power Walls.

on Side note, I've always heard complaints about the H10 batteries, but never experienced any problems. I usually fully discharge them, then fully recharge....maybe that makes the difference. The Lithium Ions shouldn't be totally discharged like that.

Post Likes
    But how well does it work? Is the sensitivity the same as the corded models?

Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    Benny hit the mark. I got a buddy that's messing around with building battery banks with those. they are very versatile, and work well.

Tesla is basically using a version of them for their Power Walls.

on Side note, I've always heard complaints about the H10 batteries, but never experienced any problems.
    I usually fully discharge them, then fully recharge....maybe that makes the difference. The Lithium Ions shouldn't be totally discharged like that.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    you have to follow the tuning procedure in the book. I replaced the sensor on mine last year......it was a around 2 years old, and starting to get flaky, even though the heater adjustment wasn't maxed out.

installed the new sensor, went through the test and adjust procedure, and good as new.

if you've done the sensor, and still have issues, your pump may be bad.

Post Likes
    The only issue I have with my H-10G is that it is getting old. Still working like a champ.

I've just heard quite a few comments on this forum that people didn't like the new 'mandated' battery model because it wasn't as sensitive as the corded model. I figured if they used the same sensor, then the sensitivity should be the same. I also figured that since the newer chlorine free refrigerants were being used, maybe that was the source of the complaints.

Just don't remember anyone saying the battery model worked as well as the corded model. And yes, I do know how to tune them. The first H-10 I used was the H-10A my employer let me use. I quickly learned how valuable of a tool it was, and how to tune them just proper.

Any others want to chime in on how well the battery version of the H-10 works for them?

Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    you have to follow the tuning procedure in the book. I replaced the sensor on mine last year......it was a around 2 years old, and starting to get flaky, even though the heater adjustment wasn't maxed out.

installed the new sensor, went through the test and adjust procedure, and good as new.

if you've done the sensor, and still have issues, your pump may be bad.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    The only issue I have with my H-10G is that it is getting old. Still working like a champ.

I've just heard quite a few comments on this forum that people didn't like the new 'mandated' battery model because it wasn't as sensitive as the corded model. I figured if they used the same sensor, then the sensitivity should be the same. I also figured that since the newer chlorine free refrigerants were being used, maybe that was the source of the complaints.

Just don't remember anyone saying the battery model worked as well as the corded model. And yes, I do know how to tune them. The first H-10 I used was the H-10A my employer let me use. I quickly learned how valuable of a tool it was, and how to tune them just proper.

Any others want to chime in on how well the battery version of the H-10 works for them?
    My Pro isn't as good as a working ZX-1 IMO but its close enough. It's been more reliable just need to plug it in too much.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post

I've never owned a corded one, but my battery H10 (not the pro) finds everything. Although with HFC refrigerants if the leak is small I do end up needing to temporarily increase the sensitivity setting.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Googled that one, and it looks the same as a couple of co-workers have. Who have had problems finding leaks, but I do suspect it is more their technique than the detector.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    My Pro isn't as good as a working ZX-1 IMO but its close enough. It's been more reliable just need to plug it in too much.

Post Likes
    Haven't looked into it, but I didn't know there was a difference between the Pro and another battery one. In fact, I don't even know the current designations.

Yeah, I do also need to up the current to the sensor for the HFC's. Got a bunch of 22 in a recovery cylinder for leak checking the difficult systems. Then back that up with a bunch of nitro, and Bob's your uncle!

Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    I've never owned a corded one, but my battery H10 (not the pro) finds everything. Although with HFC refrigerants if the leak is small I do end up needing to temporarily increase the sensitivity setting.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thinking about it, does the sensitivity seem to change as the battery drains?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast