+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: H10 Battery Upgrade

Post Likes

H10 Battery Upgrade

Anybody convert their H10 to use a better battery?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Anybody convert their H10 to use a better battery?
    Some users converted theirs to lithium ion I think. You gotta use a different charger for that, though.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Was thinking the same. Was wondering what to consider to pick one that's a good match but last longer.

Post Likes
    Was thinking the same. Was wondering what to consider to pick one that's a good match but last longer.
    I think it's just a matter of amp hour ratings. Voltage too, of course.

I do recall reading space was an issue and modification of the case was needed.

Post Likes
    Unfortunately I do not have one but what does it take for batteries?
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    Looks something like this huge and sucks. I'll open it up and get all the correct numbers.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I replaced mine - last year I think.

Post Likes
    Is the battery bay readily accessable for charging purposes? Are you looking for longer run times? I'm just trying to get a feel. If it's a pain to remove, it'll need a different charger to keep the batteries happy. I have 2 batteries in mind.
    The 18650 is approx 23/32" in diameter and a little over 2˝" long. The 26650 is about an in in diameter and same length. 3 lithium ion batteries in series would give you 12.6V at full charge and drop down to approx. 10.5V before needing to be recharged. The 18650 will probably give you 1.5X the run time and the 26650 would double it.
    If you can remove them, you can get a multiple bay charger which is cheaper. If they need to stay in, it'll need a balanced charger which is more and need to add a plug to the unit to plug the charger into.

10. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Regarding the battery powered H-10, are there still complaints about not detecting as well as the Universal? Or has that just been a result of no chlorine in the newer refrigerants?

My H-10G is still working, but just barely. Not sure how much longer it'll hang in there.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyD View Post
    Is the battery bay readily accessable for charging purposes? Are you looking for longer run times? I'm just trying to get a feel. If it's a pain to remove, it'll need a different charger to keep the batteries happy. I have 2 batteries in mind.
    The 18650 is approx 23/32" in diameter and a little over 2˝" long. The 26650 is about an in in diameter and same length. 3 lithium ion batteries in series would give you 12.6V at full charge and drop down to approx. 10.5V before needing to be recharged. The 18650 will probably give you 1.5X the run time and the 26650 would double it.
    If you can remove them, you can get a multiple bay charger which is cheaper. If they need to stay in, it'll need a balanced charger which is more and need to add a plug to the unit to plug the charger into.
    Two screws and easy access. Two stake ons for disconnect. Would probably just use a molex adapter or whatever is required of the charger. With a good battery I don't see it needing to be charged that often anyway.

Battery is a Tree brand

TR2.9-12 (13V2.9AH/20HR)

Constant Voltage Charge

Voltage regulation

Cycle use14.4-14.97(25°C)

Standby use 13.6-13.8V(25°C)

Initial current : less than 0.84A

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyD View Post
    Sorry missed a couple questions.
    I think keeping a charge sitting on the shelf and quick charging are my two main gripes. Less Weight would be a plus. Run time was fine when the battery was new.

Post Likes
    Ok, charging obviously gets slower the bigger you go with batteries. The 18650 should do you fine. Charging might take 2-3 hours I believe (don't quote me!). Lithium ion batteries hold a charge VERY well when not in use. I run both batteries in various flashlights.
    Looked some stuff up on Amazon. Approximate pricing is $8 for the 18650 holder, $30 for 3 18650 batteries (don't skimp there, a lot of bad and potentially dangerous ones) and around $25 for a charger that'll do all 3 at once. It is a bit more, but you do get what you pay for. I can give you links to all of it if you want.
    All you'll need is to connect the leads off of the holder and maybe some Armaflex to keep it from rattling around because it'll be smaller. I'm going to double check the sizing to make sure it'll fit. If it doesn't, you can go with 3 single cell holders and it will EASILY fit.

Post Likes
    Thanks bro

Post Likes
    The original battery alone weighs more than any handheld I've ever used.

Post Likes
    The holder is 3 x 2.4 x 0.87 inches. Let me know if that works or not. It may be a shade tall at 2.4".

Post Likes
    The original battery alone weighs more than any handheld I've ever used.
    Each cell tops out at 50 grams each. The holder is next to nothing. Yeah, it'll be lighter!

Post Likes
    Benny hit the mark. I got a buddy that's messing around with building battery banks with those. they are very versatile, and work well.

Tesla is basically using a version of them for their Power Walls.

on Side note, I've always heard complaints about the H10 batteries, but never experienced any problems. I usually fully discharge them, then fully recharge....maybe that makes the difference. The Lithium Ions shouldn't be totally discharged like that.

Post Likes
    But how well does it work? Is the sensitivity the same as the corded models?

Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    Benny hit the mark. I got a buddy that's messing around with building battery banks with those. they are very versatile, and work well.

Tesla is basically using a version of them for their Power Walls.

on Side note, I've always heard complaints about the H10 batteries, but never experienced any problems.
    I usually fully discharge them, then fully recharge....maybe that makes the difference. The Lithium Ions shouldn't be totally discharged like that.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    you have to follow the tuning procedure in the book. I replaced the sensor on mine last year......it was a around 2 years old, and starting to get flaky, even though the heater adjustment wasn't maxed out.

installed the new sensor, went through the test and adjust procedure, and good as new.

if you've done the sensor, and still have issues, your pump may be bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in