Post Likes

error code 90 issue

hey everyone help me if you can, so I have a 2016 trane with the touch screen stat its a furnace but the stat is giving an error code 90, now I know this is a communications error and normally I tell them un plug it and wait 5 min then plug it back in. 9 time out of 10 this works however on this one they unplug it and it works for 2-3 min then shows and error code 90 again, they said they have done it 2-3 times and same thing stat clears unit is good then after about 2-3 min error code 90 again, any ideas???
    Its not what you know its what you can prove.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acdude32 View Post
    hey everyone help me if you can, so I have a 2016 trane with the touch screen stat its a furnace but the stat is giving an error code 90, now I know this is a communications error and normally I tell them un plug it and wait 5 min then plug it back in. 9 time out of 10 this works however on this one they unplug it and it works for 2-3 min then shows and error code 90 again, they said they have done it 2-3 times and same thing stat clears unit is good then after about 2-3 min error code 90 again, any ideas???
    Is there a Telephone Access Module (TAM) hooked up to this system?

Code 90:

Problem description:
    - Excessive communication errors.
    Comfort control is continually attempting to communicate with no idle detected (bus busy).

Possible causes:
    - R and B wiring reversed at comfort control or indoor unit.
    - Telephone access module (TAM) out of sequence. Disconnect TAM and recycle power, if error clears, replace TAM.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    there is no telephone mod however there is a unit id module I just thought about that if I pull it clean it and put it back in that may fix it

Post Likes
    there is no telephone mod however there is a unit id module I just thought about that if I pull it clean it and put it back in that may fix it
    Keep us posted.

Post Likes
    well actually i was looking for someone that knew more about this so i dont look totally stupid when i get there tomorrow lol

Post Likes
    well actually i was looking for someone that knew more about this so i dont look totally stupid when i get there tomorrow lol
    There is nothing to be embarrassed about.

You walk in there with your head held high, and keep troubleshooting and testing.

We do not know the entire system setup you are looking at, so we are little blind in troubleshooting this problem for you.

You explain to the customer that these issues may require a couple trips out to solve the problem, but you will ensure it get solved.

Hopefully someone with a lot of Trane experience in this problem may offer better guidance, but until they come along, go with the knowledge you have.

Post Likes
    ok ty

Post Likes
    i have done this type work for over 30yrs but as the new stuff come out i have to learn as i go. i am stubborn i dont give up on something till i figure it out love to learn but hate to feel stupid on newer equipment i have never been trained on . problem is customers feel like we should know everything about every situation under ever condition and circumstance, and i feel it is just an unrealistic expectation but one i try to fulfill

9. Likes FreeThrowGuy liked this post
    Phoenix, AZ (Previous: Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon)
    Post Likes
    i have done this type work for over 30yrs but as the new stuff come out i have to learn as i go. i am stubborn i dont give up on something till i figure it out love to learn but hate to feel stupid on newer equipment i have never been trained on . problem is customers feel like we should know everything about every situation under ever condition and circumstance, and i feel it is just an unrealistic expectation but one i try to fulfill
    What was the actual error code? With decimals. Did you happen to grab the AUID number?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    99.9999 percent of the time the communication errors are low voltage wiring related.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk