Post Likes

EH Error on new American Standard TAM9 Air Handler

Hi - A week or so ago we had a new TAM9 1.5 ton air handler installed, and we noticed that when the AUX/EH was triggered the airflow dramatically increased and the unit became noisy. This was verified by going to the machine and checking the CFM. The unit is set to be at 375CFM/ton (562 CFM @100%) with the low speed EH heat setting. However the actual CFM the handler was putting out was closer to 900CFM only when the EH was triggered by the thermostat. As soon as that AUX call was turned off, the CFM dropped to normal.

Additionally the unit put out an error message:

EH CFG2 ERROR - The Service Facts manual says that this means "the AFC received a higher W request than the AFC was configured for".

I do not know what a W request is. My hunch is that its the request from the thermostat (I have an Ecobee) for AUX but I'm not sure how it could be anything other than a binary request for either off or on.

Any thoughts or solutions? Thanks!

Post Likes
    Have the installing contractor come out and configure the air handler properly.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Have the installing contractor come out and configure the air handler properly.
    of course, and I did call them and they will be coming out soon, just wondered if it was something simple I was able to do. Thanks.