Post Likes

Distech Jace to JCI FX Question

Question regarding upgrading a Jace..

I currently have a site using a Distech Jace, I've been asked to look into upgrading the controller. If I would upgrade I would upgrade to a JCI FX80. Being that the site uses Distech controllers and Distech EC-gfx, if I were to upgrade to a FX80 would I be able to install EC-gfx on a local PC and connect/program through there?
    Previously I would launch the wizard through the Distech Workbench.

Post Likes
    To run them in any workbench other than a Distech one you will need a Distech support license from your friendly Distech distributor. Not sure about support license if using FX with Distech WB.

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by klrogers View Post
    To run them in any workbench other than a Distech one you will need a Distech support license from your friendly Distech distributor. Not sure about support license if using FX with Distech WB.
    I believe you have it backwards. GFx is not tied to workbench. The JACE must be either Distech brand or have a Distech support pack license.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JSLLC4Life View Post
    I believe you have it backwards. GFx is not tied to workbench. The JACE must be either Distech brand or have a Distech support pack license.
    Yes you are correct, thinking about it I have used a Vykon WB on a Johnson FX80 with Distech support licence to add/program Distech controllers. However to use your engineering laptop as the server and connect to a Distech controller for programming purposes requires the Laptops N4 WB to have a Distech support license.

Controls is a lifestyle not a job