Post Likes

Heat controller / geologic / comfort aire heatpump problem

Have you guys experience high failure rate with this brand? So far the number is around 25% of what my company have ordered have problem.

Had a big order of 20+ units for an airbase and 4 had fail so far within a few month. 3 failed right out of the box and another one this morning. 3 is low on charge and 1 compressor short to ground.

Just would like to know if other experience similar thing.

Mn: hbv012a1c30crt

Post Likes
    No experience with newer units. Not a fan of HCI. Usually plugged txv valves, leaks, board failures

Post Likes
    They’re fairl popular around here because the Lennox ones offer a 10 year part 12 year compressor warranty and the pricing can’t be beat. Fellow I know had one with a dead indoor display out of the box. Replaced. Not the issue. Another guy I know had a leak in his. I fixed that and a year later it’s been acting funky. Faulting on high discharge temp, indoor unit preheating but not blowing intermittently. Kind of sounds like a bad thermistor.

Personally I don’t like them. I put in three for my parents. Seer and hspf ratings are decent but they look and feel cheap. Knock on wood no issues yet with those. I’ve been really impressed with the new Lg hsv4’s. Price is right. You just don’t get the prestige warranty (and price tag). Mitsubishi and Fujitsu are really nice but they’re expensive. I’m curious to see these new carriers 9k at 40 seer, 12k 38 seer and 14 hspf? Hopefully they didn’t scrap the drain pan heater to get those figures.

Post Likes
    so the diagnose is 3 that's low on gas has cracked TXV bulb pig tail causing the TXV to slam shut at all time. manufacturing defect. they pulled the hard portion of the bulb pigtail too tight to follow pipe contour and it cracked there. i fixed 2 others with pin hole in the elbow to air to water HXC and the air to air HXC.
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.
    ------------------------------------------------------

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|