Post Likes

Confused Distech EC Net 3.5 to 3.8 Upgrade-JACE2 issue not automatically resetting freezing up

Hello,
    I had to reach out for for your expertise, I am a newbie. We have the Niagara Ax that was recently upgrade from 3.5 to EC Net 3.8. We are having issue that the controllers especially the JACE 2 do not automatically reset and sites can freeze up. The controllers have the EC BOS 3.5.34 revision , and it was advised to upgrade them to the 3.5.406 revision. I noticed that it takes like 10 seconds to even get the page to read with existing or new revision on one test site since upgraed..

This does not look good, system has slowed down it seems.

Any suggestions pro/cons? I would appreciate it.

Thanks
    Simon

Post Likes
    It is like running Windows 7 on your old 386 with 8MB of RAM...there were some changes in the "secure" patched versions of software that included a change in the JVM. The old JACEs 2, 403, 545 couldn't run the new JVM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by theintegrator View Post
    It is like running Windows 7 on your old 386 with 8MB of RAM...there were some changes in the "secure" patched versions of software that included a change in the JVM. The old JACEs 2, 403, 545 couldn't run the new JVM.
    Thank you!

Post Likes
    Ive been weary of updating any 200 up to rev 3.8. Especially version 3.8.111 and higher. The 200 is okay with a few controllers but one you have quite a lot controllers or program services like the Distech gfx, or Honeywell Spyder tool then you get pretty slow pretty quick, and if its 3.8.111 or higher you also have the added webstart taking up memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thank you!

Post Likes
    Thank you so much!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bolt950rider View Post
    Ive been weary of updating any 200 up to rev 3.8. Especially version 3.8.111 and higher. The 200 is okay with a few controllers but one you have quite a lot controllers or program services like the Distech gfx, or Honeywell Spyder tool then you get pretty slow pretty quick, and if its 3.8.111 or higher you also have the added webstart taking up memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The short lived Jace-3 was not much better once it had third party tools on it.

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by klrogers View Post
    The short lived Jace-3 was not much better once it had third party tools on it.
    Not any better on the 6 or 7. Pretty much cut the normal capacity in half. Pure bloatware.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/