Post Likes

replacing a Patterson Kelly steam water heater with a PVI

We have 2 Patterson Kelly 08S heaters that are 20 years old each one has had the tube bundle replaced, spence main steam valves replaced,spence pilot valves with thermostat bulbs replaced, pilot solenoid valves replaced and high temp solenoid valves replaced. It has always been something with these heaters. If we replace them so we stick with them for ease of piping or has anyone used the PVI CSX steam water heater. It has a different operating principal. it needs no steam valve when you have 15 psi or less, I am looking for a little advice
    we need 180 gpm and no space for a storage tank

Post Likes
    I have no personal experience with PVI but I like to recommend you look into Cemline they make great units. http://www.cemline.com
    You avatar looks like a Superior boiler with GP or Webster burner, is that a VFD to left of the burner?
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Pvi has a terrible rep. The 2 250 gallon I manage rotted out in about 7 years. The installer worked for pvi and said they suck

Post Likes
    i will take that into consideration on PVI and will check out cemline. the boiler in my avatar is a Burnham with a Gordon Piatt gas burner