Post Likes

A replacement from last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The DREADED DRUM!!!!! Glad to say I haven't seen one of them in years!!!!!

Nice replacement. What's the box it is sitting on? Something your distributor has made? Are you using a Rheem coil? I'm guessing not, they are murder to use uncased.

Post Likes
    Only thing I can see that makes me ask a question. I see you put your sticker over the previous companies. Why no phone number or contact info on it? That is a must.

Post Likes
    Looks great. Also interested about the box. Looks hand made but the Rheem label makes me think its an ordered part. Thats a nice fitting for combustion testing. Does that come with the furnace or did you make it?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    The DREADED DRUM!!!!! Glad to say I haven't seen one of them in years!!!!!

Nice replacement. What's the box it is sitting on? Something your distributor has made? Are you using a Rheem coil? I'm guessing not, they are murder to use uncased.
    Youre correct, no Rheem cased coil. Just an invaded ADP. The box is made by General Aire, this one was made for Rheem (grey coloured door vs. white). I added the Rheem emblem as a decoration.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Only thing I can see that makes me ask a question. I see you put your sticker over the previous companies. Why no phone number or contact info on it? That is a must.
    Correct, I did cover the old installers sticker as they are no longer in business. The information is there, just not on that sticker. Im having stickers made right now that include that info and have room for service information to be written.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johoff34 View Post
    Looks great. Also interested about the box. Looks hand made but the Rheem label makes me think its an ordered part. Thats a nice fitting for combustion testing. Does that come with the furnace or did you make it?

The combustion tee is part of the S636 by Ipex here in Canada. Most suppliers dont carry them, but order them in by the case (12). I find them much more professional than drilling a hole and finding a means to patch it. And its much more convenient that trying to take combustion readings outside.

Post Likes
    What about the lack of contact info on your sticker? Just curious.