Post Likes

Looking for a Refrigeration job in the San Jose/Santa Cruz, CA area

Hi Everyone, I just relocated and I'm looking for a job in the San Jose/Santa Cruz California area. I have 3 years of experience in supermarket refrigeration. I started doing service and ended up in EMS/Controls. I can do ground ups and remodels. I can also retrofit an entire store from the older sytems like com-trol and RMCCs to the new stuff like E2s and danfoss sm-800s.

I'm not aware who does supermarket refrigeration around this area. If any of you can help out a veteran with some info it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Post Likes
    Try Key Mechanical or RUI. Ask the Union about Helmets to Hardhats.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianOmarPerez View Post
    Try Key Mechanical or RUI. Ask the Union about Helmets to Hardhats.

Do unions usually give you credit for experience or do they make you start as an apprentice year one? I come from a non union company. I also read something about a 2 year wait list, can a company just bypass that if they want to hire you? thanks for your input man

Post Likes
    Inquire with those companies directly. I believe a 2nd Year Apprentice makes about $30/Hr in the Bay Area. Also a 2 year wait for what? Service and Construction are two different things. Refrigeration and HVAC are also two different things.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianOmarPerez View Post
    Inquire with those companies directly. I believe a 2nd Year Apprentice makes about $30/Hr in the Bay Area. Also a 2 year wait for what? Service and Construction are two different things. Refrigeration and HVAC are also two different things.

For refrigeration I think , I emailed them about it. The website says after passing the exam there’s a two year wait list.

Post Likes
    Reach out to them again and clarify that you are talking about Refrigeration, as in Commercial Refrigeration work. Sadly some people, that are in charge, don't know the different between Refrigeration and HVAC.

7. Likes Chev5372 liked this post
    Post Likes
    PMC Refrigeration has a bunch of market work under contract.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by btuhack View Post
    PMC Refrigeration has a bunch of market work under contract.
    I didn’t know they were out here. I remember seeing their panels down south. I’ll check them out. Thanks

Post Likes
    i like the V=IR avatar!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 82nd11BP View Post
    I'm not aware who does supermarket refrigeration around this area. If any of you can help out a veteran with some info it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Try the "Raley's Supermarket" chain as they have their own in house Maintenance Crew. I just looked at their job's page, and they have some openings fairly close to your location. Now..."Stand in the Door"....., and go get it Trooper !!Lol.. All the Best to You !!.