Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Red850kid View Post
    Yes. I've learned my lesson with some old Vulcan griddles. Flame switches out of the box that test close in ambiant temperature. Thermostat capillary lines getting pinched when lowering the top back down, to brittle wire and connectors that fall apart when touched. Sometimes your reputation is worth more than being the ultimate mr.fix it.
    The frymaster I rebuilt awhile back, I just got a call saying it's shooting a 10 inch flame out the back. I'm guessing the U burner pitted or cracked and I have raw gas igniting when it exits the fryer. I already told them I'm not doing them any favors by checking it out. I will repair it this one last time and if so much as a thermopile has a hiccup, it's goodbye relic and time for a new unit.
    Interesting.

What was causing the "shooting a 10 inch flame out the back" Red?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Ill be looking into it more Tuesday. That section/vat has been drained and disabled until then. The flame exiting the back was orange. The area was free of grease buildup. The gas pressure was 3.5" on the manifold. I'm thinking a leaky burner tube or a broken ceramic deflector? Ill let you know what I find.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    Interesting.

What was causing the "shooting a 10 inch flame out the back" Red?
    Finally caught up to this work order. Pulled manifold to find a broken ceramic deflector in the rear that had fallen onto 2 of the orifices. Cleaned all the soot buildup. Just wanted to replace the broken one as they plan on getting new friers. OK. The grease return inlet was leaking also on one of the vats, i pulled the street 90 and it was mostly plugged. I bet the whole circuit is gunked up. I can post a picture in a new thread when the parts arrive.

Post Likes
    So, this unit has been "Out of Service" since Jan. 8, 2019?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Yes. They were able to get by with the other two sections until I was able to check it out. Had someone been able to fix it before me I would have been fine with that.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Red850kid View Post
    Finally caught up to this work order. Pulled manifold to find a broken ceramic deflector in the rear that had fallen onto 2 of the orifices. Cleaned all the soot buildup. Just wanted to replace the broken one as they plan on getting new friers. OK. The grease return inlet was leaking also on one of the vats, i pulled the street 90 and it was mostly plugged. I bet the whole circuit is gunked up. I can post a picture in a new thread when the parts arrive.
    I see this all the time where they don't clean out the hood overflows, they leak into the back of vats. I pull the fryers forward let the person in charge see what is going on , return a month later and fryer is back in the same spot i told them not to keep it and overflow full
    Sent from the van with the a/c on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12