Post Likes

JCI Launcher with Android

Hello,
    is it possible to connect to a stand alone NCE/NAE with JCI launcher through android? I am referring for version 6.0 and over that launcher is working through Windows OS.
    If not what's JCI solution for connecting to stand alone NAE/NCE with android?
    Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NSSF View Post
    Hello,
    is it possible to connect to a stand alone NCE/NAE with JCI launcher through android? I am referring for version 6.0 and over that launcher is working through Windows OS.
    If not what's JCI solution for connecting to stand alone NAE/NCE with android?
    Thanks
    JCI doesn't have a solution for connecting to an NCE/NAE standalone with anything other than the launcher. If you had a server you could connect using either the old RAP interface or the new MUI interface but neither of these are available on the NAE platform they must be installed on a server.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDeal View Post
    JCI doesn't have a solution for connecting to an NCE/NAE standalone with anything other than the launcher. If you had a server you could connect using either the old RAP interface or the new MUI interface but neither of these are available on the NAE platform they must be installed on a server.
    In my eyes this is a big fail for JCI, there are plenty of installed stand alone NCE controlling small plants and now customers want this android connectivity, from their smartphones tablets etc.
    The interesting thing is that 'gadgets' like web-relays or thermostats (ex. chinese SonOff) have, except of course of android connectivity, apps that you can easily connect from everywhere without static ip's or ddns settings and other painfull IT settings. Just two clicks and you have remote access to your plant. This seems a little odd to me....

Post Likes
    You mean like a MAP gateway? I don't think it works on that older stuff.
    Scott Jalbert
    WebCTRL ninja
    AX and Smartstruxure newb

The S in IoT stands for Security

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    You mean like a MAP gateway? I don't think it works on that older stuff.
    Yes i guess you are right about MAP Gateway. An android version of metasys launcher could-should be created.

Post Likes
    Could. But you are asking them to go back and invest more in old hardware that would undercut new sales. Really think that's going to happen?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Could. But you are asking them to go back and invest more in old hardware that would undercut new sales. Really think that's going to happen?
    Is new NCE or NAE (v10 i think) standalone connectable through android to its interface? Without metasys server? I think not. So this is an option that is not given to small customers. The competition (ex. Jace) works that way. So if i have not missed anything they could do some invest. Maybe they see NCE's and NAE's as a part of metasys system with server. But, especially NCE, has the philosophy of a standalone server/controller that can monitor a small plant and a person could connect with ANY way/device directly to its graphics, not only in FEC controller. Just some thoughts.