Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 25 of 25
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    DFW,TX
    Posts
    3,883
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by joemach View Post
    Someone has stck in PVC fitting factory.
    when you are redoing someone elses mess and theres second system also tieing into drians with limited slope and the aux pan close, its how it was done.. PVC is cheap.. it will drain fine

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    State College, PA
    Posts
    2,260
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    when you are redoing someone elses mess and theres second system also tieing into drians with limited slope and the aux pan close, its how it was done.. PVC is cheap.. it will drain fine
    Not picking at your work. Just noticing how the piping was done by others. As long as it drains that is all that counts. Just thinking it could look better.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?


    Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

    Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

    Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    4,399
    Post Likes
    In the original post the 4th photo down if that photo was taken with the AH in a horizontal position, looks like the electric heat package is facing down ( as seen by the arrow ) and should be rotated 90 degrees?

    See two drain lines, so two units in general area.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    DFW,TX
    Posts
    3,883
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    In the original post the 4th photo down if that photo was taken with the AH in a horizontal position, looks like the electric heat package is facing down ( as seen by the arrow ) and should be rotated 90 degrees?

    See two drain lines, so two units in general area.
    that was the before pictures, i flipped the entire air handler and then flipped the coil so it faced horizontal right and can be accessed from service platform..then took breaker section from heat area and mounted correctly and rewired..lots of work i redid for the customer..

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    DFW,TX
    Posts
    3,883
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by joemach View Post
    Not picking at your work. Just noticing how the piping was done by others. As long as it drains that is all that counts. Just thinking it could look better.
    no one will see once i put the armaflex on nit )

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    4,399
    Post Likes
    That's amazing!....looks like you at least had support beams to stand on to support your weight while doing the AH flip. Many times ( as an example only ) you need to cut a 4'x8' sheet plywood down the middle to fit it up a small access hole and constantly move those 2'x8' sheet on top of the unseen rafters due to so much blown in insulation....

    Did that attic have a toggle switch for lights also...as that makes life a little more easier not to mention the attic has a good amount of height...

    Looks like another unit shares the condensate trap...probably will plug it up with sediments twice as fast...

    Did anyone register or tell the owner to register the system?

    I'm kind of curious to see what the OD unit installation looks like did they install a field drier on top of the factory installed drier? Curious how they charged the system if they got that far ?
    Last edited by Bazooka Joey; 01-08-2019 at 05:06 PM.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    St.Petersburg
    Posts
    120
    Post Likes
    It still looks like trash

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    DFW,TX
    Posts
    3,883
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by coharra88 View Post
    It still looks like trash
    your opinion but i had to take apart and existing unit and put it back and wasn't looking for perfection in the aesthetics, its an attic job and a redo and it 100X better then it was as it is also functioning well..all y stuff passes codes and functions and performs well.. your eye test means nothing to me but if i were wanting to make one LOOK perfect id post it in Wall Of Fame not wall of shame..

    so save your 119 posts and opinions that come with them for someone that cares ) my post was meant to show just how bad one could look when done incorrectly..

    there are better ways to state things in professional forum like its not perfect but better then it was as opposed to trash, its far from trash..you are not going to last long talking like that to Professionals and owners that have been on here for many years..

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    DFW,TX
    Posts
    3,883
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    That's amazing!....looks like you at least had support beams to stand on to support your weight while doing the AH flip. Many times ( as an example only ) you need to cut a 4'x8' sheet plywood down the middle to fit it up a small access hole and constantly move those 2'x8' sheet on top of the unseen rafters due to so much blown in insulation....

    Did that attic have a toggle switch for lights also...as that makes life a little more easier not to mention the attic has a good amount of height...

    Looks like another unit shares the condensate trap...probably will plug it up with sediments twice as fast...

    Did anyone register or tell the owner to register the system?

    I'm kind of curious to see what the OD unit installation looks like did they install a field drier on top of the factory installed drier? Curious how they charged the system if they got that far ?
    Im good at balancing over beams and walking in attics here in TX as 60-70% of units are in attics..

    its been in use more then the allowable 60 days to register, not sure if they did it or not, yes it cooled adequately in the summer but started falling off as the refer leaked out by September, then he started using the heat for the first time in October , the coils were freezing up on straight cool system. He tried to get them to correct and they decided to ignore him after a while..

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    State College, PA
    Posts
    2,260
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    Im good at balancing over beams and walking in attics here in TX as 60-70% of units are in attics..

    its been in use more then the allowable 60 days to register, not sure if they did it or not, yes it cooled adequately in the summer but started falling off as the refer leaked out by September, then he started using the heat for the first time in October , the coils were freezing up on straight cool system. He tried to get them to correct and they decided to ignore him after a while..
    I could never figure out why a company would not honor their work. If I did something not right on an install or replacement and the customer was not comfortable, that customer is at the top of the list to get service.

    Sheez! Some companies should be run out of business for that practice.

    You will get a SAVE on your score card for this one.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?


    Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

    Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

    Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

  11. #24
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    St.Petersburg
    Posts
    120
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    your opinion but i had to take apart and existing unit and put it back and wasn't looking for perfection in the aesthetics, its an attic job and a redo and it 100X better then it was as it is also functioning well..all y stuff passes codes and functions and performs well.. your eye test means nothing to me but if i were wanting to make one LOOK perfect id post it in Wall Of Fame not wall of shame..

    so save your 119 posts and opinions that come with them for someone that cares ) my post was meant to show just how bad one could look when done incorrectly..

    there are better ways to state things in professional forum like its not perfect but better then it was as opposed to trash, its far from trash..you are not going to last long talking like that to Professionals and owners that have been on here for many years..
    You're right that was immature and unprofessional of me! I apologize, I know I wouldn't want anyone to say that about my work

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    4,399
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    Im good at balancing over beams and walking in attics here in TX as 60-70% of units are in attics..

    its been in use more then the allowable 60 days to register, not sure if they did it or not, yes it cooled adequately in the summer but started falling off as the refer leaked out by September, then he started using the heat for the first time in October , the coils were freezing up on straight cool system. He tried to get them to correct and they decided to ignore him after a while..
    Here's the web site you can send them, seems like an honorable thing to do for them giving you the contract, no matter how much of a pain in the buttocks it was. How does Goodman know when this system was installed and at what date? They know when it was sold, I certainly could be wrong here, but certainly it means it has to be installed within a reasonable time period. We have installed units months after purchase and registered it with no problem. Certainly Commerial accounts would gives the 5/5 warranty once registered. Who knows they may even throw you a bone in a recommendation for you sending them the website to double check....

    https://www.goodmanmfg.com/product-registration

    Er, AH... that is a Goodman ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.