+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with fireplace remote

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Help with fireplace remote

I have a gas fireplace with an Acumen remote that is about 15 years old. The remote operates inconsistently, does not come on/off properly with temp settings, seems to work sometimes, not others.

I have tried trouble shooting, changing batteries, etc. to no avail. Should I replace this and, if so, what do I shop for?

Post Likes
    In some cases, the remote will have a receiver module that simply ties in series to the toggle on/off switch which would then be left in the ON position at all times. As the remote signals, the receiver simply acts as a switch. A click being heard would indicate the part is working. This is a very basic instance simply used to described how a system could work and should not be taken literal. I've had to replace a gas valve for the same reason you are describing. Depending on the fireplace it could be alot of things.

Post Likes
    Are there batteries in the receiver that need replacing?

Post Likes
    There may be but in some cases it plugs into an wall outlet or connecting where power is supplied to the unit. Every system is different and in most cases if the batteries are good in the remote, and there is power at the receiver further diagnosis would be taken by a qualified professional. Improper maintenance or repairs could cause fire, injury, property damage or loss of life.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in