+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need an eye

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    It is a R12, changed oil and using R134. I had two txv's. Both R12. Hi side ran close to 300, 80 ambiant. Gave up installed proper cap tube, charged till frost exited evaporator. Low side a little low but havent had warm weather to do any more. It was a fun project, still need to fix some air leaks, but will have to wait for warmer weather. Michigan too cold right now.
    and whats the SH at the pump?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by apprenticePOV View Post
    Yes but considering the cost of a processor it’s pretty cheap for future years considering he properly installs it along with proper insulation. Getting deer meat ain’t “free” neither is a professional refrigeration system tho but he seems a little on the bright side of it. Our camp has a freezer and it saves tons of money for everyone if all meat is tagged properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A processor around here is around $100 a deer. If this project is for personal use, I hardly see the benefit
    Quote Originally Posted by apprenticePOV View Post
    Agreed but wouldn’t this be an interesting experience provided he could find proper tools ? I’m rooting he gets a set up going !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We've established the OP hasn't a clue as to what he is doing based on his post. Maybe interesting isn't the correct word. Words like comical, expensive, clusterfu** come to mind.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

3. Likes UmmScott liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Just get one of those Robo things that use a A/C unit and let it fail in a year or 2

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    The thing outboard of the big fan is the condenser.
    Why did the previous owner say that it needs a new one?
    What is the model number of the condensing unit pictured?
    What is the compressor model number?
    How big of a cold box do you need?

PHM
    --------------

Quote Originally Posted by snopro31 View Post
    Hey guys

Friend and I are looking into making a refrigeration unit/walk in cooler. We want to use it only for a bit during hunting season to hand and butcher wild game.

Found this unit and the guy says it needs a condenser and a tstat.

Looking online it seems that the fan with the copper going in and out is a condenser.

Can someone confirm for me?

Thanks
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Wondering what the numbers on compressor are, you must know size of compressor and refrigent used, from that you will be better equipped to find right evaporator. I built one with a 1/2 hp compressor, and a 6500 btu single fan evaporator. Made a box in corner about 4*6, using fiberglas and foam insulation. I've used txv before, but couldn't get head pressure down, so used cap tube. Works great. Used a digital thermostat set for 35-41 degrees. The only problem i have is you must cover meat in plastic or it will turn black. No I'm not a pro, but worked on several smaller systems, it was a fun project, hope I didn't rile too many feathers.
    Hi
    I think the setting of the thermostat for 35-41 degrees is a bit exaggerated?
    it's necessary to decrease a little and it remains my opinion and I speak of my experience

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in