Post Likes

First time Iíve seen it done. Wow!

Walked up to this today at a closed restaurant just following up on a recommendation to replace a CFM. Opened the electrical compartment and seen this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Are you referring to the missing compressor bolt? You would think if anything the compressor bolt behind the compressor would be missing as it's harder to get to, certainly there could be just two bolts holding down that compressor, or the bare white wire doesn't look like it's hooked to anything thou, just goes to ground. The capacitor and bare wire at first is a wake up call to keep the Tech. on their toes while removing the access panel and troubleshooting.

Can only guess what the points on those Contactors look like, end screw is rusting on left load side and discoloration on surrounding area of that screw, the other the screw is missing on the load side of the other. Typically you would use the two outer connectors instead of next to each other, guessing the points where flat out arced/pitted out bad.

Would be curious to see the compressor terminal hookup condition.
    Last edited by Bazooka Joey; 01-03-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Post Likes
    No that capacitor is free air. Keeps it cooler. The tape is just a safety precaution. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    A real tech would have cradled that capacitor in the service manual...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes UrAverageAguy, lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Or as I do, leave the cap. in the box that it came in

Meant to get back to that unit to make proper repairs, but was called off job, fell through the cracks....
    Last edited by Bazooka Joey; 01-03-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Post Likes
    At first I looked at it and got curious wondering what would result from a run cap connected to a 3 phase compressor because this units data tag list compressors as 3 phase but that curiosity quickly faded after the no it just canít be thought hit me, and I wiped the compressor tag off to find itís a single phase replacement compressor. No suprise there either after seeing the disgraceful condenser motor change outs done sometime in the past. Capacitors installed taped to wires in the condensing section. Motors and blades used hardly a match to what should be there. Laziness and zero pride in workmanship combined with incompetence never ceases to amaze.

Post Likes
    You guys don't realize, the tape is applied with a drip leg. It's very safe this way.
    At least he didn't try to screw a bracket into the compressor.
    Uh...Google it yourself!

9. Likes Lahrs liked this post
    Post Likes
    Nah a real tech wouldíve at least left it in the box lmao

Post Likes
    what is with the disconnected white ground wire

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsr99 View Post
    No suprise there either after seeing the disgraceful condenser motor change outs done sometime in the past.
    The most clever ghetto rig ive seen with fans ..... was a walkin cooler ... the condenser on the roof had the whole top grill with fan from a residential OD unit grafted into it