+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Combustion blower motor

Post Likes

Combustion blower motor

They gave me 6 hours to change a combustion blower motor small RTU. Thinking about unplugging the GPS then clock out in 6 hours and plug the GPS back in tomorrow morning.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Pretty generous of them. How difficult is roof access and is the unit clearly identified?
    Of course if you finish the job in 5 1/2 hours you're a hero!
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    Name:  20190103_083207.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  76.9 KB

Name:  20190103_083218.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  77.3 KB

Name:  20190103_084139.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  91.8 KB

Post Likes
    It is going to take me five minutes to go down to the truck and get the new motor.

Post Likes
    I did one a long time ago, seems like it was a John something unit. The inducer was in the blower/return end with the Moynihan one side and the fan on the other. The nuts that held the motor on were on the fan side of the unit. 2 man job, no way to be on both sides of the unit at the same time.

Post Likes
    Some kid in his mid-twenties came up on the roof to do a PM. From another company. He asked what I was doing, told him I'm fixing a heater. What makes it real funny is he has his black nitrile gloves on to change filters. Good thing I put this thread in the joke's area, LOL.

Post Likes
    Looks like you can start drinking early again
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Looks like you can start drinking early again
    Great minds think alike.

Post Likes
    In the words of PHM “I find you really cant drink all day unless you start in the morning.”:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    In the words of PHM “I find you really cant drink all day unless you start in the morning.”:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would make for a great tagline.

11. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    So I go to check out with the guy where I am working, and he says there are two other units down. I get back on the roof and the PM guy is right there looking at his filters, he asks what's going on, I tell him two other units are down, whoever is doing the PM must not know what they are doing.

He just turns and walks away. Sometimes I just crack myself up, LOL

Post Likes
    2 more down?
    Hell, you may get 3 days of work out of this site.
    Shoulda kept that recliner. Could have pulled it up on the roof and relaxed and watched the filter kid do his thing.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    That's pretty funny, LOL.

When I first saw his truck this morning, I was thinking of giving him my business card, in case he wanted to jump ship. So here's what he did . . . First thing he did was change all of the filters, which is what I do if I am dispatched to a PM, otherwise I get pulled off for one emergency or another with only some of the filters being changed.

Then, he went from unit to unit with his drill gun. No tool bag, bucket, or anything else I could see. Don't think he even had a jumper lead to cycle the units. Took him about the same amount of time to do that as to change the filters. Which was ~4 hrs for something like 15 to 18 units.

Decided not to give him my card. Not to mention, I did kinda sorta insult him when we first met. Oh well, that call was the highlight of my day. It went downhill from there. But if I post that story, it would deserve a different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    2 more down?
    Hell, you may get 3 days of work out of this site.
    Shoulda kept that recliner. Could have pulled it up on the roof and relaxed and watched the filter kid do his thing.

Post Likes
    Those Dork Sunline units suck but on a sidenote, the inducer is Eazy Pleazy !

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    They gave me 6 hours to change a combustion blower motor small RTU. Thinking about unplugging the GPS then clock out in 6 hours and plug the GPS back in tomorrow morning.
    And "there", ... You will be.

But where is "there"?.....

Only the GPS Knows, .... Stay Tuned, ....

For the On-going Saga of "Where is BBeerme".
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Name:  20190103_083207.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  76.9 KB

Name:  20190103_083218.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  77.3 KB

Name:  20190103_084139.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  91.8 KB
    BBeerme, You could have that replaced in an hour, & then have plenty of time to Practice Your Dance Moves.

Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh!, ....... Stayin' Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    BBeerme, You could have that replaced in an hour, & then have plenty of time to Practice Your Dance Moves.

Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh!, ....... Stayin' Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    Thanks David! Now I'll have BeeGees song stuck in my head all day. And I HATE disco!
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Thanks David! Now I'll have BeeGees song stuck in my head all day. And I HATE disco!

U B Welcome Sir!

Post Likes
    And from My Understanding, ..... BBeerme can "Flat Out Get it!", on those rooftops, while imitating John Travolta!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in